Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Gauging cost on QMP kit- Will I even like it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is all of the negative posts over a car?????? or the person who built it?????just trying to understand.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

Unusual if you go out and buy a car that you like and you are proud of it does that make it wrong? What the **** are you trying to prove? I am very happy with this car. I have owned at least 50 FI cars in my life and this is probably the best one I have ever owned. As far as the tune this car has and the way it runs and drives, I know it is the nicest one! It is kind of funny that if you look at my thread with the pics of my car, there are probably 60 replies as to how bad *** people think the car is, but you get on here and want to run your mouth about my car because you dont like Rob! You dont even know me, so there is nothing negative you can say about me, but again you bash me and my car because it came from Rob! It doesn't take a real smart person to look at the pics of my car and see how clean and well built it is and when you ride in it there is no way you can deny the power it makes either.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Oh and Unusual you can say that I will get no respect from you, but what are you going to do if you ever have to run this car one day and it busts your *** by a full 2 seconds? I think that demands respect!
Old 12-26-2004, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i think it is fair to say we will all keep a close eye on this car next season. good luck and it is HARD to do.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

What is HARD to do? Put a car in the low 10's or high 9's? I have never had any problems doing it with my other cars and they didn't make this kind of power. Look, there is no since in arguing about it. I love the car and that is that! If it never runs any better than low 10's who cares. This is still a real street car, in full street trim, with cold a/c, that I would drive to California without thinking twice, and that is not something you find on every street corner in America.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by turbochad
Unusual if you go out and buy a car that you like and you are proud of it does that make it wrong? What the **** are you trying to prove? I am very happy with this car. I have owned at least 50 FI cars in my life and this is probably the best one I have ever owned. As far as the tune this car has and the way it runs and drives, I know it is the nicest one! It is kind of funny that if you look at my thread with the pics of my car, there are probably 60 replies as to how bad *** people think the car is, but you get on here and want to run your mouth about my car because you dont like Rob! You dont even know me, so there is nothing negative you can say about me, but again you bash me and my car because it came from Rob! It doesn't take a real smart person to look at the pics of my car and see how clean and well built it is and when you ride in it there is no way you can deny the power it makes either.
Need I post up pics of my car so we can go at whose car looks prettier? I know my car will take the cake. No issues there. Nothing wrong with being proud of a car, buts its something you didn't put together and spend the time to get it there. Therefore IMO its never really YOUR car. I'm mouthing off to you because you are making accusions and slandering my character telling me ITS MY FAULT that the car didn't make the power. The kit didnt' work with my car plain and simple. There are numerous people I did talk to about it and thats the end of it.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh and Unusual you can say that I will get no respect from you, but what are you going to do if you ever have to run this car one day and it busts your *** by a full 2 seconds? I think that demands respect!
You're never going to race me. You have a reading comprehension disorder. I sold the car and will never drive it again. YOu think all that matters in a drag race is power and torque? Did you forget about the driver? I ran 7.7's@90 plus in my stock internal 6 spd ws6 full weight and went even faster cam only(11.2@121) at the same weight. If I would have taken my Z to the track at the weight it was at I would have gotten it in the 10's.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What is HARD to do? Put a car in the low 10's or high 9's? I have never had any problems doing it with my other cars and they didn't make this kind of power. Look, there is no since in arguing about it. I love the car and that is that! If it never runs any better than low 10's who cares. This is still a real street car, in full street trim, with cold a/c, that I would drive to California without thinking twice, and that is not something you find on every street corner in America.
Then stop bragging about things you haven't accomplished in your car.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

I haven't accomplished these things only because it is winter and there is no way for me to in KY as there are no tracks open. I have been racing all my life and driving a 6-speed is no problem for me. I can powershift a car just as well as you I am sure. Again, I grew up with fast cars and anyone who knows me on here can tell you that nothing I have ever owned or will ever own is slow except for my Toyota 4x4! I just sold a 5-speed turbo mustang that I went 10.13 in so I would say I can drive ok and I know the Formula is faster than it. As far as your car looking better than mine or vice versa, that is a matter of opinion. To me there is not a better looking F-body than a hardtop Formula with a WS6 hood and the T/A wing and big front mount really make it look cocky. I also love silver, but again that is my opinion. All I was saying is that when I posted the pics, like people wanted me to, and when I get the car out people love the look and sound of the car. They also cant believe the attention to detail because if nothing else I am a detail freak!
Old 12-26-2004, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

turbochad you owned 50+ FI cars in your life!! Dame bro how old are you? I had 10 cars in my life and I'm only 27 (didn't start driveing till I was 18). Thought that was alot. lol
Old 12-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

I am only 29 years old, but like I said I was brought up around car. My dad and brother are both into cars. I basically eat, sleep, and crap fast cars and motocross and it has been that way since I can remember!
Old 12-26-2004, 07:47 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,208 Likes on 773 Posts

ruquik, I think that really everyone in here is substituting the word "*****" and putting in the word "car"... it's all code really... And the word turbo in this thread is code for catcher and the word log is code for catcher.

Anyhoo, I'm sure that folks will follow Chad's results at the track.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

I agree PSJ, I dont like for people to put me or my car down when they honestly dont know me or my car. I probably should just let it slide, but I guess that is hard for me to do. When the car hits the track next year it will be documented for all to see!
Old 12-26-2004, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

turbochad you know what it really comes down to? You being happy thats all that matters not what we think!
Old 12-26-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

my last post. the only thing i can say is that chad probably has owened at least 50 FI cars. he goes through more cars than anybody i have ever heard of. now how will the car run? i have no idea. will it go 10's? no clue. i wish him the best of luck. turbo cars in our area are a rarity. at least in trans ams or other ls1 based vehicles. good luck to chad and everybody else on the board to running their times. im out
Old 12-26-2004, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

Well put, and I am out as well, no hard feelings here. SStolen I am sorry this post turned the direction it did. I can tell you I love the kit and I hope you get it and have alot of fun with it too, later!
Old 12-26-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RICE ETR
Heck, even SS00Blue is selling his kit... after ALL that leg humping and preaching about how awesome it was, he is selling it... never seen a single dyno # or timeslip.... but he "is going for bigger and better things". I find it hard to believe that he is shooting for +1000hp (that's what he said the kit was good for) after never having dyno'd or run his current qmp set-up... or at least never posted up about it. (I know what it really did blue )
Hey, don't drag me into this. No one ever claimed this kit would go low nines, and the target has been set for that on a stock shortblock. I've hit the targets I want for Raymer's kit, but I don't care to share with this crowd any longer. I surf, but I try not to get tangled in this junk again. I have chosen not to defend any sponsor ever again, because of the adolescent net punks that tear down rather than build up. This thread should demonstrate the "why" of that.

I don't even recall saying that Raymer's kit could do an honest 1000RWHP. After all, most of those numbers are a total lie anyhow. 6 and 7 hundred RWHP on a blower car?!? That's nothing but wishing. I've seen NO ONE do any real track number that supported that kind of power. What lies!

UnusualTA and RiceBoy are just two of the people that spew ignorance on this board rather than helping the community. They certainly should be banned. It should be obvious to everyone that they have no technical merit or intelligence at all. If the whole truth is told, I am also selling my trans and rear end, so are there any more questions? On the other hand, I have to respect MM if only because he's taken a more diplomatic approach over the last year (and NO, for the last time I don't want to be your friend )

Now, I am not involved in this, so leave me out of it. I'll be back soon enough to post some times for my ride, as I am going "in a different direction." And that is only because I now have the wearwithall to do as I wish.

SC-

BTW - Tony, please note that I am NOT adding to the fire, just defending myself when dragged in to thread by an ingnorant puke. I will not post to this thread again. Thanks. (And the Pro Fab stuff is extremely high quality, thanks again)

Last edited by SS00Blue; 12-26-2004 at 11:08 PM.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Unusual T/A
So why did Childress and Warbird get rid of thier kits.
Both were ARE motors?

PSJ, I was gonna say that, but opted to stay out of it.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS00Blue

UnusualTA and RiceBoy are just two of the people that spew ignorance on this board rather than helping the community. They certainly should be banned. It should be obvious to everyone that they have no technical merit or intelligence at all. If the whole truth is told, I am also selling my trans and rear end, so are there any more questions? On the other hand, I have to respect MM if only because he's taken a more diplomatic approach over the last year (and NO, for the last time I don't want to be your friend )

SC-
Umm really? I could have sworn I stated nothing but fact for my given situation. Call that ignorance if you will, but you are nothing more than an internet nobody too me.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02BlueFirehawk
Both were ARE motors?

PSJ, I was gonna say that, but opted to stay out of it.
Becaus they were ARE motors that makes the kit not work?

Quick Reply: Gauging cost on QMP kit- Will I even like it?