Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

need help choosing pulley size!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004 | 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

Default need help choosing pulley size!!!

Hi guys,
I'm trying to figure out wich pulley size to go with just like the post says.
What i have is a 02 hawk m6 all boltons and 38lb injectors with a p1sc on it. The problem is i'm going to be putting in a g5x-3 cam and i'm trying to get an idea of how much boost i'm going to lose due to the cam so i can choose the right pulley.The only reason why i'm asking is i'mtrying to get in on the sdce group purchase for the 8 rib setup before it's over. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks,
Adam
Old 12-23-2004 | 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Y in gods name would u want to run a G5X3 cam with a blower. I would go with a blower cam not an N/A cam.
I dont think there is a way to figure out how much boost you are going to loose but it is going to be a lot. What kinda of boost do you want to see.
Old 12-23-2004 | 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

Well i don't want to exceed 8 psi if possible. gotta make it last for a while....... It is just so that i have the motor out of my old car (totaled R.I.P. 02 hawk 1109)that i made 430 rear wheel and i want to stick it in my new car that has a blower on it.
Just trying to work with what i got...........
Old 12-23-2004 | 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by firepwr
Well i don't want to exceed 8 psi if possible. gotta make it last for a while....... It is just so that i have the motor out of my old car (totaled R.I.P. 02 hawk 1109)that i made 430 rear wheel and i want to stick it in my new car that has a blower on it.
Just trying to work with what i got...........
U are going to see most of the unburned boost going out the tail pipes with a cam like that. U are better off selling that cam and getting a blower cam. To make power its all about the efficiency of your setup, not just the biggest thing u can put in your car. Good luck man.
Old 12-23-2004 | 05:40 PM
Launching!

I would definetly just switch to a blower cam if i were you. No point on having all that money wrapped up in your car with a bad combo.