Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pre-Production FMIC Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre-Production FMIC Kits

Here is one of our FMIC kits made for the STS turbo system. Right now we are in the process of getting ready to put some of our FMIC kits into actually production. So far we have a FMIC kit for the Turbo and the ATI procharger now also.

The turbo comes with the option of a BOV flange or no flange.

The ATI basicly comes set up with a Vortec Mondo flange built on.

We will also be releasing our own supercharger kit featuring an ATI procharger as the head unit, an SDCE upgraded bracket, full FMIC plus a mondo bypass valve. This kit will basicly be a full out Race setup with no need to have to worry about upgrading after the initial invetment. Here is a quick pick of the STS FMIC kit. The IC already comes mounted to a premade bracket setup with bumper support already setup. Because of this, the Kit will be fully bolt in with only cuts needed to be made for air flow to the IC.

We will also be making them for the trucks as well. I just need to work on a few more pipes due to the fact that some trucks want them set up differently.

What does everyone think so far? Would anyone else be interested in some trial kits to help with some fitment?

Rick

NOTE!!! This kit is pre production, so the official production version will have one piece pipes instead of the pipes shown here.

Last edited by Rick@Synergy; 01-08-2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

make a prefabbed kit for the QMP kit! then i would be interested
Old 01-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KAOS
make a prefabbed kit for the QMP kit! then i would be interested
send me your QMP kit to play with first. If I had one here I could.

Rick
Old 01-08-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks sweet! Makes the STS kit that much better with that added option.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

O.k. I have an STS kit and have the blow off valve already. So how does this intergrate into the original system...??? mine is not on my car yet so I am not fully up to speed on connection placement. Also what is the price of the kit?
Old 01-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by redrumss
O.k. I have an STS kit and have the blow off valve already. So how does this intergrate into the original system...??? mine is not on my car yet so I am not fully up to speed on connection placement. Also what is the price of the kit?
the way it works is this kit bolts itself into the pipe that comes from under the front k-member on the STS kit. So all you have to do is cut where you want, and add the rest of the FMIC kit to it. And since you have the BOV, our kit will come with the added flange revise on the new piping for your BOV to plug onto.

I am selling the STS kit version for about 999.00 right now, and there will be a core charge(not sure how much yet) if you want me to have the front setup ready to go like the picture, that way you wont have to worry about cutting and welding. Just bolt it up. all you have to do is send me back your front bumper support and all is good.

Rick
Rick
Old 01-08-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a little pricey for me.....
Old 01-08-2005, 08:59 PM
Banned

Thats actually the going rate for alot of IC packages for most turbo systems. The reason being, take a look at the cost of the parts, plus the time to put it all together. I am using Stainless Steel piping also, and t-clamps.

Rick
Old 01-08-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Regular

What brand intercooler is it? OBX?
Old 01-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackCamaroSS02
What brand intercooler is it? OBX?
Yes right now its an OBX because they seem to have the best deal and from that they flow well for what they are plus it helps out with the price on the kit. The stainless pipe is expensive enough, but I use it because it last longer.

Rick
Old 01-08-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Well then i would have to say that kit looks pretty sweet...but i think i will wait till more people start making FMIC kits for the STS...more competiton plus i have enough to do already that will keep me busy on my car for a bit

Originally Posted by Rick@Synergy
Yes right now its an OBX because they seem to have the best deal and from that they flow well for what they are plus it helps out with the price on the kit. The stainless pipe is expensive enough, but I use it because it last longer.

Rick
Old 01-08-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Where and how does it mount? Do you have to cut the car up to make it work. Any pics of it installed on a car?

I want to go turbo, but I don't want to hack my car up (bumper) for the intercooler.

Bill
Old 01-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Billiumss
Where and how does it mount? Do you have to cut the car up to make it work. Any pics of it installed on a car?

I want to go turbo, but I don't want to hack my car up (bumper) for the intercooler.

Bill
I will see if I can find a pic for you already on a car from others that I have done. But you wont have to cut anything because I have the bumper support already made for you in this case. The only thing you have to cut would be the front of your bumper bhind the grill to allow the air to flow.

Rick
Old 01-08-2005, 10:24 PM
...with cheese.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the intercooler already, what would you charge for just the pipes and brackets.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a good setup for the people that want to use a front mount but don't want to Fab one up.As for price it is good.I charge $1000 to make the front mount's for STS's but only do them inhouse.This kit you can buy and put on yourself
Old 01-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Armageddon
I've got the intercooler already, what would you charge for just the pipes and brackets.

What intercooler do you have already?

Rick
Old 01-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
This is a good setup for the people that want to use a front mount but don't want to Fab one up.As for price it is good.I charge $1000 to make the front mount's for STS's but only do them inhouse.This kit you can buy and put on yourself

Thank you bery much. I just figured since I have been doing so many so far on different vehicles, its time to make it something everyone can have.

Rick
Old 01-08-2005, 10:59 PM
12 Second Club

Ive personally seen Rick do piping and installing a FMIC on a STS turboed truck, F8Ls actually. He is very good at fabbing these FMIC kits up... youll be pleased with it.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Rick-

Do you need any guinea pig Trucks for test fitting the IC piping and fittings on???

I already have my STS kit and OBX FMIC... I have my injectors, pump, boost controller, gauges, etc. on the way in the mail right now. All I need is the piping for the FMIC, slice the frame and then mount it.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good Rick, can you still get the OBX for 275+ shipping like on ebay? I'm in the market for another one and would prefer to send cash to our sponsors. My brother just finished up his 396 LT1 stroker, he's running a T-trim at 12psi..I can get the SS tubing and do all the fabbing up here.
J

Quick Reply: Pre-Production FMIC Kits