Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

is it worth upgrading from a t76 q trim to a gts76?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 05:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turbotech must have given you bad info. the gts76 is a t4 framed turbo, and should work with their race kit, but not the street kit (without clearancing, as people have got it to fit)
there was even somebody who put a T88 on the race kit, but had to do some modifications to it.

Parish you should stop whimpie handing it and just go fot he 88, i think it only cost about $100 more then the 76, and you have enough cubes to push it. That and a 4" down pipe, you neeeedz it.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:35 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
turbotech must have given you bad info. the gts76 is a t4 framed turbo, and should work with their race kit, but not the street kit (without clearancing, as people have got it to fit)
there was even somebody who put a T88 on the race kit, but had to do some modifications to it.

Parish you should stop whimpie handing it and just go fot he 88, i think it only cost about $100 more then the 76, and you have enough cubes to push it. That and a 4" down pipe, you neeeedz it.
is there any point in puting an 88 right in place of what i have. remember i have the typical log style header with the far bank feediing into the back of the log. for some reason i am thinking when i step up to a t88 i should step up my entire turbo set up
Old 01-19-2005, 07:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why take the intermediate step then, your setup is pretty stout now, if you move up then upgrade the log to header style, downpipe and turbo all at once, just hold off a little till your ready.
so i guess im saying it wouldnt be worth it yet.
if you know you will want to upgrade later.

sorry just feeding your addiction.

Quick Reply: is it worth upgrading from a t76 q trim to a gts76?