Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

BIG price drop on our turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i too agree you should hold out at least until the end of spring. people who cant afford those 7,000+ kits and dotn like the idea of a reamount finally have an alternative.
once the racing season starts up again, get your name out there and im sure they'll be flocking to you
oh, and i think thats a great idea to offer just the hot parts as a kit because everyones goals are different and this allows people to tailor the kit to thier own specific needs.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
Didn't know that, thanks for clarifying....I figured it was a better idea to have a solid pipe from a jig that is off .001 than having someone weld each part individally.

it would be nice..........but thats why some turbo kits cost $7-10k.

hand building is what keeps the costs down.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by got_hp?
it would be nice..........but thats why some turbo kits cost $7-10k.

hand building is what keeps the costs down.
hmmm not sure about that....Maybe initially it is cheaper, but in the long run it might be the opposite. Who knows if he gets busy enough, he may not have time to sit there and weld every little piece together instead he'll be busy on the phone taking orders and answering questions.

Oh yeah like others have said, I would look into also making kits for the GTO, Vette, and anything else you want to tackle....
Old 01-29-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

John,

I still think you should offer both a builder and a complete kit. I know I already have most of the parts so we will be supplying our own turbo and wastegate. All that being said be patient, I'll bet many guys here are just sitting in the wings waiting to see some results. Since you kit is new and other people have been burned by previous manufacturers many don't want to be the first into the pool.

I'm looking forward to getting my kit (Pete called you to finalize) and since everything else is ready the car should be finished within two weeks of recieving the kit. Believe me, if I see the numbers I'm looking for I'll be praising your kit up and down.

I will be posting the results as soon as the car is ready by the end of Feb.

Be patient, it takes time to get going.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You should also offer a passenger side header that faces forward for guys who dont care about the AC, you can call that your "Race Kit" That way you can eliminate that 160deg bend in the back of the pass manifold and save a bunch of stainless.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Teching In

If you guys had an LT1 kit I would highly consider buying it. That ls1 kit looks freaking sweet. Nice job.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

GTO kit???? PLEASE.....
Old 01-29-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

It looks to me like the A/C is retained!!! If so I might be interested....... but i have already ordered some damned flat-top pistons...... anyone wanna buy some diamond 4.00x4.00 flat tops?

Josh S.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent you a pm, looking to order asap
Old 01-29-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

How about a twin to fit a z06?
Old 01-29-2005, 12:20 PM
...with cheese.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is beautiful work! at an unbelievable price... Remember not to try and grow too fast when you get your first wave of business... Thats how small businesses tank. If you are a worthwhile sponser who will stand behind his product and support his customers you have come to the right place... We appreciate good sponsers here, you can tell by the business this place generates. BEST OF LUCK!

-Andy
Old 01-29-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice looking parts but you know what I want..........

Bill
Old 01-29-2005, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

I will be coming to you guys when Im ready for FI. Hopefully when I get out of college.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Guido
Good luck man! If I was building up my trans am, Id buy one of your kits because its all there and it looks fantastic! Unfortunatley, Im building my own kit on a thirdgen.

And to those who say WE WANT TO SEE RESULTS, you are damn retards. All it is, is tubing to a damn turbo. It doesnt have a thing to do with who builds it as long as

A.) The exhaust makes it from the heads to the turbo
B.) The turbo spins

The rest is up to you to tune it. I remember from the get go he never claimed to offer tuning, etc. People really need to get their heads out of their asses when it comes to turbo kits and not performing. Its all in how you setup your car to handle said turbo on your car.

*shaking head*

Ahem, well you can excuse me for being a "retard". As far as results are concerned, that's how people operate. Whether you like it or not, they buy what has been proven to work. I believe that this kit performs well, I just want to see the max power out of it. Are you going to sit there and tell me that the kit is perfect? I doubt phamspeed would say it's perfect. I'm sure there are things that will be improved if they stick around (hopefully they do) after some customers finally get the kits installed. I never once bashed this kit becuase I would like to use it myself after my engine build.

Wow, a retard wrote a whole paragraph.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No unbiased dyno or track results = No sales
Old 01-29-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Maybe you can sell me a kit for very cheap and Ill make sure to get some numbers for ya. j/p

But honestly, this depresses me. You have very good quality work and its sad to see that you're in this situation. But i agree with other guys. Try to hold out until the race season actually starts and I'm sure your sales will go up.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:10 PM
SSU Moderator

questions: where is the WG flange? Do you not offer one? (no biggie, its pretty obvious where it could go)

Any price changes on the intercooler setups? What about an air-to-water option?

Are the fans moved/modified?
Old 01-29-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

you know what you need phamspeed? you need some thing that you can make thats not soo expensive. my main reason i'm not a sponsor on here is because most people dont want to spend 3-4k but more around a few 100. so if you have a company only based off a product that cost 1600 or more you'll have alot of people that back away because they dont want to spend the cash. not sure what you could make but it might be a thought.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

hang in there guys as a person in retail management I can tell you that you started marketing in the slow sales months. Wait till mid to end of Feb and sales will increase. People just got through with Christmas, and are "recovering" in Jan. Taxes are now being done and tax returns are on the way. People will have extra income to buy the kits you are selling. The kits you make are awesome from the pics I've seen, and the price is hard to beat. We LS1 guys need all the FI options we can get.
J
Old 01-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Guido

And to those who say WE WANT TO SEE RESULTS, you are damn retards. All it is, is tubing to a damn turbo. It doesnt have a thing to do with who builds it as long as

A.) The exhaust makes it from the heads to the turbo
B.) The turbo spins

The rest is up to you to tune it. I remember from the get go he never claimed to offer tuning, etc. People really need to get their heads out of their asses when it comes to turbo kits and not performing. Its all in how you setup your car to handle said turbo on your car.

*shaking head*
Do you read these boards? There have been turbo kits on this board that have posted great dynos and track times and people with the EXACT SAME KIT who couldnt get it to work due to tuning or whatever come on here and say XXX turbo kit is crap.

Obviously this kit is well crafted just from the quality of the welds etc, but like others have said, the masses aren't going to want to be a guinnea pig for a brand new kit. The correct method that Phamspeed should have done for their marketing is to get a donor car setup with a full blown 100% complete install, get it tuned and show what their kit can do. Offer it to someone with a built engine at cost on the condition you can use their car for an example of the kit's potential.

Good luck Phamspeed, I hope this works out.

Quick Reply: BIG price drop on our turbo kits