Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

BIG price drop on our turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flynbludream

Hot part routing, size, flanges, length, bends have alot to do with how the kit will perform. Its a big piece of the equation along with turbo, tuning, I/C ect...

By your logic my street kit would make as much HP as the TTI Race kit with the same turbo but you know what? It wont. This does look like a great kit and should work well as most Header type setups do. I dont like the big bend behind the pass side manifold but its a compromise to keep the AC. Most people just dont want to make a guess and spend $4000 not knowing how it will perform. How can you blame them? BTW what is your FI setup?
Old 01-29-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a bad *** kit. I would consider it if I can get some cash together.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by libertine1015
Flynbludream

Hot part routing, size, flanges, length, bends have alot to do with how the kit will perform. Its a big piece of the equation along with turbo, tuning, I/C ect...

By your logic my street kit would make as much HP as the TTI Race kit with the same turbo but you know what? It wont. This does look like a great kit and should work well as most Header type setups do. I dont like the big bend behind the pass side manifold but its a compromise to keep the AC. Most people just dont want to make a guess and spend $4000 not knowing how it will perform. How can you blame them? BTW what is your FI setup?
Are you reading my post or the post that I quoted? I'm confused because everything you just said I pretty much agree with.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Flynbludream, sorry man.

Yeah Guido... I meant you.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:05 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Hang in there dude, maybe people will be spending their tax return on FI. It is a slow time because of the holidays just passing also. I think your kit looks bad ***. If I had a F-body and was going to go FI, I would probably consider your kit first.
Nice work, you seem like a decent guy, so in the long run you should do well. I personaly dont put much into manufacturer test results otherwise my truck could gain "up to 28 hp" from a CAI kit.
Even if you gave up some HP with this kit in order to keep A/C, on a street car it would be a worthwhile trade off.
Good luck dude, hang in there.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks like a nice set-up. I wish I had the money.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ordered the FMIC today and next week I will be ordering the turbo kit. You would be a fool if you pass this deal up. Come on guys if a STS kit can make 700+ hp why don't you think this kit can put up the numbers. Guess we will find out in late spring.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:54 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

seriously. This springg I want to go FI, and this kit looks beautiful. The ground clearance is exactly what I need too. 1600$ is hot for the kit. When I get the funding I will call you up #1!! hang in there guys!!!!
Old 01-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Launching!

I will purchase the kit if it will fit my truck.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Teching In

i like it so far. looks great but a few questions. looking at the pics i didnt see any with fans? what kind of funs are u thinking will work. and is there any knockn when u put it on the lift with the down pipe going low? thanks.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Junkie

damn, just looking at those pics and those prices actually made me consider selling my headers/cam/nitrous parts and start looking into your kit. for the pics, teh quality looks great, and the price is badass! i really hope you guys stick around.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:02 PM
10 second playa

I am wondering? (based on the pictures). It seems the weight of the entire turbo assembly is hanging very far forward. This would lead me to believe that when the hot parts get hot, they will sag? Turbo's are heavy and it seems like there is going to be a lot of leverage/pressure on the header V-bands? The passenger side will be the worse of the two.
I have not considered any single turbo kits myself in the past and twin turbo setups don't have this problem. I am happy to see this kit retains the A/C. So, are there any other support brackets that will help support the weight? Certainly the intercooling pipe won't add much if any support due to the rubber couplings.
The quality looks great. This kit is making my mind wander. Does anyone know how much HP the 94mm turbo in this kit can support? I am not familiar with large single turbo numbers? Best of luck.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

It looks great to me I have a little money to spend and have been looking for a turbo and this one looks great.. If i decide to get it ill post up some numbers and track times for you guys.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Thanks for all the support guys. This was a post I really didn't want to write but it had to be said. We build parts not only for F-bodies but also for other imports. We seemed to be having the most trouble with the F-body owners for one reason or another. It could be a number of reason we don't know about. What we know is there's something holding us back especially when you consider our price and the total number of companies even offering what we offer. That's why we wanted to address the situation and let people know what was going on with our company. Since this thread started, it seems more and more people have expressed there interest in our kit and we've even made some sales. Things are in fact looking better as far as our F-body department is concerned. As far as I can see these prices should boost sales and we'd be able to continue selling these kits for years to come. Anyways, thanks again for all the support.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I Turned a Guy on to your Kits today! He was verry impressed! All I can say is if I had not already bought a KIT I would be Calling you Yesterday! Thanks, Lata, Ark
Old 01-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Hey LT1-7 when is your C5 page going to be up? Please try and keep the prices reasonable like you are doing for the F body guys!
Old 01-30-2005, 02:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1-7
Thanks for all the support guys. This was a post I really didn't want to write but it had to be said. We build parts not only for F-bodies but also for other imports. We seemed to be having the most trouble with the F-body owners for one reason or another. It could be a number of reason we don't know about. What we know is there's something holding us back especially when you consider our price and the total number of companies even offering what we offer. That's why we wanted to address the situation and let people know what was going on with our company. Since this thread started, it seems more and more people have expressed there interest in our kit and we've even made some sales. Things are in fact looking better as far as our F-body department is concerned. As far as I can see these prices should boost sales and we'd be able to continue selling these kits for years to come. Anyways, thanks again for all the support.
Good to hear, I hope you stick around for a long time. I gotta feed my need!
Old 01-30-2005, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gametech
Screw the F body guys, make some turbo manifolds with welds that look that nice to fit the GTO's and CTS-V's. We currently have little to look forward to besides the APS kit, which will have log manifolds and run the turbos low enough to use as skidplates.

I'm looking for a turbo setup for my gto...just not a sts system..
Old 01-30-2005, 12:38 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1-7
sweet, i dont even own an fbody but i sent a link to this thread to several local fbody guys. you will sell lots of parts at those prices. keep up the good work.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As has been said already, now is the worst time of the year to try sell anything. People are tapped out after Chrismas. My retail business is suffering now too. Always has in January and February. Hang in there bro, sales will pick up once the tax money starts rolling in. Good luck man.

Quick Reply: BIG price drop on our turbo kits