Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent
Old 01-30-2005, 08:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the crossover pipe the only thing that will support the turbo? any r&d done to make sure the weight of the turbo won't crack the crossover/manifolds?
Old 01-31-2005, 12:10 AM
Teching In

not sure if anyone posted this but where is the intercooler?
Old 01-31-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the kit doesn't include one but you can order one with it...correct me if I'm wrong, LT1-7.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:13 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FastCarsSpeedKills
not sure if anyone posted this but where is the intercooler?
no, they dont include one with that kit but goto their site and look at the intercoolers they offer . they have this one listed for $650 and it is a monster

Old 01-31-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by libertine1015
Flynbludream

Hot part routing, size, flanges, length, bends have alot to do with how the kit will perform. Its a big piece of the equation along with turbo, tuning, I/C ect...
That is correct and I didnt think that it had to be said, but I believe that the routing on his kit is great.

By your logic my street kit would make as much HP as the TTI Race kit with the same turbo but you know what? It wont. This does look like a great kit and should work well as most Header type setups do. I dont like the big bend behind the pass side manifold but its a compromise to keep the AC. Most people just dont want to make a guess and spend $4000 not knowing how it will perform. How can you blame them? BTW what is your FI setup?
And I realize your TTI street kit wont make as much as the race kit. You are either ignorant or simply trying to cause problems. There is no way a log manifold turbo kit is going to our perform a tubular manifold kit. I thought that was obvious to most of the people posting on this forum but I should ot assume that in the post. Im sorry for making an *** out of us
Old 01-31-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Perhaps it would be wise to not leave the LT1 crowd out. There are plenty of us out there looking for hotparts or a complete kit.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

Hold out till summer. You meint have yourself another customer.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Perhaps it would be wise to not leave the LT1 crowd out. There are plenty of us out there looking for hotparts or a complete kit.
I totally agree. I would imagine the market for hot parts is huge for the LT1 crowd, especially parts of this quality.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:59 PM
I ruin the end of films...

Originally Posted by LT1-7
Thanks for all the support guys. This was a post I really didn't want to write but it had to be said. We build parts not only for F-bodies but also for other imports. We seemed to be having the most trouble with the F-body owners for one reason or another. It could be a number of reason we don't know about. What we know is there's something holding us back especially when you consider our price and the total number of companies even offering what we offer. That's why we wanted to address the situation and let people know what was going on with our company. Since this thread started, it seems more and more people have expressed there interest in our kit and we've even made some sales. Things are in fact looking better as far as our F-body department is concerned. As far as I can see these prices should boost sales and we'd be able to continue selling these kits for years to come. Anyways, thanks again for all the support.
This is why I want to start making stuff for the Mustang and 3rd gen guys first. It seems like most 4th gen guys are too scared to make sacrifices.

Your welds look PHENOMINAL too. The reality is that people want to see some kind of results, even if they have no idea what they mean. If you had a dyno showing you making 500hp @ 7000, you'd sell more kits than if you had nothing. It's just basic marketing. Hang in there man. Find a customer who has the piping already installed or can have it in quickly. Maybe a small ($50) discount if you can post results (dyno or track) within a month of delivery?

I'd be interested to know what you made your jigs from. My first one was made w/ 2x4s and muffler clamps.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As people stated earlier, Where are you mounting the wastegate? Is that something the buyer is going to have to do?

Thanks
C
Old 01-31-2005, 05:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by turbo
As people stated earlier, Where are you mounting the wastegate? Is that something the buyer is going to have to do?

Thanks
C
I am also interested in knowing this.

And I sent you a PM Phamspeed! Very interested in getting something rolling.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbo

Thanks
C
It mounts right under the turbo on the pipes from the mani's to turbo. Theres some old pics around that show it. On the note I just ordered my kit today but I won't be ready to put it on till spring time. I talked to John on the phone and he seems like a pretty good guy to deal with. Like I said before this price is to good to pass up.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:42 PM
Launching!

Thats the exact reason i'm pulling my heads and cam and going back to stock and bolting up this kit. Been wanting to go turbo for a long time and this is a more perfect time than ever. I only went heads/cam because I never thought such a quality kit could be had for such a price.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so how much for a complete kit with intercooler....that is able to push 400 to 700 hp?
Old 01-31-2005, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

I dont think they do the entire kit....Im talking to futral about putting me together some charge pipes for the kit now. It comes w/ everything other than that.....Just go to the website and see which intercooler you need and how much it is then add it to the price of the other kit. then see how much you can get some charge pipes for.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AnthonyConstant
so how much for a complete kit with intercooler....that is able to push 400 to 700 hp?
They don't have a complete kit now. But I am sure if you talk to Phamspeed they can hook you up. I got the smaller fmic and the kit all I have to do is fab up the charge side pipes and the intake pipe for the turbo. I will have prolly 4500 into it for a complete kit!
Old 01-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up turbo headers

Quote:
By your logic my street kit would make as much HP as the TTI Race kit with the same turbo but you know what? It wont. This does look like a great kit and should work well as most Header type setups do. I dont like the big bend behind the pass side manifold but its a compromise to keep the AC. Most people just dont want to make a guess and spend $4000 not knowing how it will perform. How can you blame them? BTW what is your FI setup?

I will start off by saying this kit looks great! why are people bad mouthing a new kit of such high quality? the bend on the pass side its not a problem if it was why would TTI use it and speed inc. say its the best set up? huh did you guys think of that! I talked to john today seems like he is just trying to get the best quality for a little cheaper and a street kit . a lot of the power is in the eye of the tuner some people just wont see the true power it is capable of. so all stainless, headers, keep ac and p/s, not bad for 1600$ i will give high hopes to this kit and hopefully soon on to my car, so john good luck and i hope to be one of your kits new happy owers soon
Old 01-31-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HellRaiser
They don't have a complete kit now. But I am sure if you talk to Phamspeed they can hook you up. I got the smaller fmic and the kit all I have to do is fab up the charge side pipes and the intake pipe for the turbo. I will have prolly 4500 into it for a complete kit!
not bad at all......

do they not sell the charge side pipes?

thats a good price
Old 01-31-2005, 09:42 PM
single digit dreamer

this kit makes me want to go get an f body.

Quick Reply: BIG price drop on our turbo kits