Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharger thread for thse willing to cut their cowls

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005 | 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Default Supercharger thread for thse willing to cut their cowls

I have been looking at all of the threads on what it would take for us F- Body guys to put a roots type or twin screw SC on our cars. I for one am willing to notch the cowl to do this. I dont ever plan on selling the car. Ever. Has anyone, or does anyone know of anyone who has put one of these on their F car? Im asking, b/c everyone talks about how this might work, but they dont want to cut into their cowl. I for one am willing to do so. I'd be glad to be the test mule for the rest of you. Any thoughts or opinions would be helpful. Im really hoping this can become a reality. I love the thought of a Camaro with a blower on it. That whine would be awesome. Basically, Im asking what it would take for this set-up to work. Im willing to modify the cowl, and other things. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2005 | 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

There is a kit coming out that will fit under the hood from what I hear, PSJ has more info on it.
Old 01-30-2005 | 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

On another note, why are you wanting to go this route, F1 kits and turbo kits can be had for less money than this will cost.

It will definantly be different than the average boosted Fbody but it does not seem to be super effective to me.
Old 01-30-2005 | 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by term
There is a kit coming out that will fit under the hood from what I hear, PSJ has more info on it.
I did a TTT on his thread. I dont wanna keep bugging him with PM's....lol Im really interested in doing this.
Old 01-30-2005 | 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by term
On another note, why are you wanting to go this route, F1 kits and turbo kits can be had for less money than this will cost.

It will definantly be different than the average boosted Fbody but it does not seem to be super effective to me.
Thats a really good point. If you have any ideas on any good turbo setups, or such, please let me know. Im kinda really fascinated with the idea of FI right now. Ive always wanted to go that route. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2005 | 09:21 PM
Restricted User

I would personally check out Phamspeed turbo kits, as posted from LT1-7, they just reduced their prices. I am sure you can get a very nice kit from them.
Old 01-30-2005 | 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
I would personally check out Phamspeed turbo kits, as posted from LT1-7, they just reduced their prices. I am sure you can get a very nice kit from them.
I just sent him a PM a few hours ago. I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the input!

Quick Reply: Supercharger thread for thse willing to cut their cowls