Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

700bhp fiero. what will it take?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have no pics atm... ill try to get hold of my buddy sometime in the next couple weeks to get hold of his digital cam and snap some.

im gonna build the engine for a turbo system but im gonna run 10:1 CR for now, that will keep me from getting ansy and cranking the boost up to see what i can get out of it... this way i will only be able to run a few psi and im gonna try to keep the power down to about 450rwhp. my reason, ive talked to a few people (some from archies site, and even archies himself says so on his site) and ive been made to believe that the stock DT will hold up to about 500 bhp quite easily as long as you dont go buck wild dumping the clutch at 5000 rpm and such, which im smart enough not to do. keep in mind this will be primarily a highway racer until i have a DT that will hold up. no launching, even if i am racing from a stop there will be no hard launches. if i lose because of it then i lose, cant win em all anyway.

as for the svt focus tranny, i took some measurments from the one my buddy at school pulled out of his focus (he pulled the motor in his svt to build up) and i highly doupt it will fit... the CV output for the pass side would run right into the block... so scratch that idea. i figure something out tho... i wont be needing to worry about it for a while.

the wiring will be a pain in the ***, i know that... wont be so much of a prob tho, i have a general idea of what im doing. and i took every electronics class my highschool had to offer (11 of them) so im as used to wiring big messes like that as im used to pissing standing up.

anyway im sure ill find a hole lot of problems along the way but i have enough confidence in myself to find a way around them all. so i guess we will see just how posible it really is over the course of the next year.

and to answer some of your questions, no i dont remember any of you from fiero forums. i havnt been on any other than pennocks in almost a year, and even on pennocks i usually only post now and then and only to ask a question that isnt already answered somewhere else. basically the same i do on this site. im not much for talking on message boards. i do however remember the fiero in Rare87GT's sig... dont remember what board it was that i saw that sig. i imagine it was Pennocks as i remember seeing it recently.

Codey
Old 02-12-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Justin @ EADPerformance
If you add some sort of vents in the hood to let air that travels through the radiator out it keeps the front end of the car more planted at higher speeds.

This will not work, because of the angle that the Radiator is on, it is not like an FBody. The Chin spoiler will also not make a difference, I had a northstar in a fiero, at 130MPH, the front is becomes very loose. I am not telling him he cant do it, I am saying that the frame, and the car can not deal with it, It was not designed for that much torque and power.

I have a friend with a tubular frame fiero with a 1200HP motor. Basically it is a tubular chassis, with a fiero body on it. It runs the 1/4 in just under 7 secs.
I know exactly what I am talking about.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i trust you know what your talking about, but you dont know exactly how much work i will be doing to the front end to make everything work. im not just going to slap a front lip on it and cut a hole in the hood and call it a day. the whole compartment that the radiator sits in will be completely re-designed to fit everything the way i want it.
also im not sure if you remember but ive already stated in our convo's over the e0-mail that there will be a new fram under the car soon enough. only reason im not doing it now is i dont have time with everything else im doing 1st. and as i said, i wont be putting enough power to twist or break the stock frame until after i deal with this and the tranny/drivetrain problems.

someone mentioned the turbo would have way to much lag time earlier being a front mount? i guess that person doent know the STS kits exist or what they are. and seeing as how there will be much less piping in the fiero considering its much shorter wheelbase i dont see how it would be any worse that the STS systems.

as i said this project wont be built over night. its something that i plan to spend a lot of time, money and research trough trial and error on. not something i expect to slap together and pray it works.

Codey

Quick Reply: 700bhp fiero. what will it take?