Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

boost gauge question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost gauge question

I have a 2000 trans am and im not into HEAVY mods(due to warranty)...im more into the appearence aspect. i bought a dual gauge piller pod for the interior and i have 2 gauges. an air/fuel ratio gauge and a boost gauge. my question is...is the boost gauge ONLY for supercharged and turbos?? I want it to look good BUT i also want the gauges to actually do something (i dont have supercharger). would the boost guage show me ANYTHING???? or would it be a waste?? for appearence what would you suggest but still functional!
Old 02-09-2005, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The boost gauge will not show anything, if it does, it will be so small you won't even notice it. If your car is 99+, I would get a water temp gauge because the stocker is a dummy gauge that doesnt actually work. An accurate water temp gauge is a very good idea for what you want to do. Also, the A/F gauge is pretty much useless, and rarely comes in handy only if you know how to use it. But I have one anyways and I like it but a boost or fuel pressure gauge would be better suited for my future FI work.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

i dont think it would work partner. i would probably get a oil pressure guage.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

in 99/up TAs the water temp gauge is a dummy gauge? realllly! thats so interesting
Old 02-09-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
The boost gauge will not show anything, if it does, it will be so small you won't even notice it. If your car is 99+, I would get a water temp gauge because the stocker is a dummy gauge that doesnt actually work. An accurate water temp gauge is a very good idea for what you want to do. Also, the A/F gauge is pretty much useless, and rarely comes in handy only if you know how to use it. But I have one anyways and I like it but a boost or fuel pressure gauge would be better suited for my future FI work.
i take it the "dummy temp guage" is for all fbodies of 99+?
Old 02-10-2005, 05:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*cough*RICE*cough*

it will show you vacuum, which will be worthless in your case, at full throttle it will show 0psi
spend your money on some Zanio instead, if you arnt moding your car, all those extra gauges will be worthless.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

What kind of boost gauge did you get? If it's a cobalt let me know and I'll buy if off of ya depending on your price.

Let me know

Brian

Quick Reply: boost gauge question