Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Firehawk is SOLD......

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice car. i understand not enjoying drag cars all the time. have fun with that z06.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, hopefully we can all see the hawk in a future magazine article.......

They plan on making it fast.......
Old 02-13-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats cool that you have no job and cant afford gas...so you trade in your ls1 for an ls6 thats like 15g+ more...i often make these kind of purchases too when i have no job. im sure insurance is cheaper on the vette too seeing as how money is obviously a issue. i wish my mom and dad were loaded. (seriously though i do wish)
Old 02-13-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

I know the whole inside story..... Brian did make a good choice......The $$$ he recieved for his Hawk was enough so that any of us Mowing lawns could afford to pay off what is left on the ZO6.......... Brian is not talking about PUMP 93 guys....... he only runs 100 octane in the Hawk and that gets a lil spendy with a TH-400..... If the ZO6 gets 16MPG it is probably double whatthe Hawk was getting and for about $4 less a gallon................ Good Choice Brian.......
Ill have one one day.........
Kyle
Old 02-13-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know the story regarding the th400 and the race gas, i live local to him i know about the car. When you dont have a job, and you are worried about gas of any kind, you buy a saturn. insurance IS collected every month, and for his age, on a car like an 03 z06...**** i know how much i pay for my 2000 "v6" camaro and then my used 02 trailblazer suv...both of which arent half of what z06 insurance is on a young male, AND ive never had an accident/tickets that made it onto my record (not saying he has either of thoes) please spare me the stories. no one his age affords that kinda stuff. let alone the initial hawk and its mods. so ok he sold "his" car to buy the z06. Yeah...ok.

Dont get me wrong, bos is a great guy, no bashing on him at all. bad *** car, awesome guy, wasnt a ******* like most people who come out street racing are. im just flat out jealous that i didnt get to have that kind of frivilous fun at that age with no job.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Camaro_Zach
I know the story regarding the th400 and the race gas, i live local to him i know about the car. When you dont have a job, and you are worried about gas of any kind, you buy a saturn. insurance IS collected every month, and for his age, on a car like an 03 z06...**** i know how much i pay for my 2000 "v6" camaro and then my used 02 trailblazer suv...both of which arent half of what z06 insurance is on a young male, AND ive never had an accident/tickets that made it onto my record (not saying he has either of thoes) please spare me the stories. no one his age affords that kinda stuff. let alone the initial hawk and its mods. so ok he sold "his" car to buy the z06. Yeah...ok.

Dont get me wrong, bos is a great guy, no bashing on him at all. bad *** car, awesome guy, wasnt a ******* like most people who come out street racing are. im just flat out jealous that i didnt get to have that kind of frivilous fun at that age with no job.
I see......... I cant wait for May myself...... turn 25 and my insurance drops to like $85 a month....... will be awsome..... then i really could afford a Vette.... Ins. would be only $140 a month...... no tickets for me ina LONNNNNNGGGG time... ( Nock on wood) Im in the same whole he was and some ties i ask my seld why...... but then i take it for a spin T-Tops off and do a short hard blast on the freeway and it all comes back to me........
Kyle
Old 02-13-2005, 01:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Its ok.....I'll be making more money than I know what to do with in about 2-3 years, school is priority.....I got GOOD money for the hawk.....and paid barely ANYTHING to get this Z06....my previous job(s) I had, all went into the hawk....every dime......over $25,000 just in mods......and there was even more that went into it that I still don't even want to talk about....

But....drumroll plese......

Insurance for this Z06 is.......$940 per year.....is it in my name no...... Will I pay for it, sure......thats about $70 per month......

No offense taken Zach, I know your not trying to bash me, but for the situation I'm in or have been in when it comes to "hearing about it", I've dealt with much worse my whole life....believe me....I'm one who actually respects and takes pride in the things I do with my cars, not your typical snot nose, tree wrapper, etc, etc.....
Old 02-13-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
I see......... I cant wait for May myself...... turn 25 and my insurance drops to like $85 a month....... will be awsome..... then i really could afford a Vette.... Ins. would be only $140 a month...... no tickets for me ina LONNNNNNGGGG time... ( Nock on wood) Im in the same whole he was and some ties i ask my seld why...... but then i take it for a spin T-Tops off and do a short hard blast on the freeway and it all comes back to me........
Kyle
god i got 5 more years. i just graduated college and i got a huge loan to pay back. but apparently when im 21 (in 2 months) and since i have my college diploma, my insurance drops a bit, not as much as 25, but im looking forward to SOME kind of relife. I hate that ive paid all this insurance money and gotten squat back from being this good, aka no tickets (On my record) and no accidents...********...GIMME MY MONEY BACK. but yeah im lookin forward to gettin my vette in 5 years when my insurance plumets....or getting one next winter thats a salvage title and rebuilding it back to camaro zach specs over the next few years.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BIGBOS
No offense taken Zach, I know your not trying to bash me, but for the situation I'm in or have been in when it comes to "hearing about it", I've dealt with much worse my whole life....believe me....I'm one who actually respects and takes pride in the things I do with my cars, not your typical snot nose, tree wrapper, etc, etc.....
yeah thats what i mean. i know youre not some jackass thats why im serious when i say im flat out jealous. and trust me i know about school comming first. im 20 and i have my bachelors already while working full time for the last 2 years of life. 19 credit hours in school and 40+ hours a week at work. So trust me, ive been waiting for my break in life where i get a z06 i respect you cause you DO take care of your cars and youre a good guy. i just want one haha wanna trade? i SWEAR my car is in running condition right now...i swear... *whistle*

oh yeah, and that insurance thing, yeah im still not the #1 on the camaro, its STILL in my moms name as primary driver...unless your dad has like 5 cars and that one is pure pleasure and such, i dont know how its so low. im most jealous of your damn insurance rates haha, its like 230 a month for me with secondary on a v6 and primary on an 02 suv. ******* insurance people haha.

i hope you bring that bad car out this season and you come out more often. i will be around more now that i graduated.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:51 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

I remember Brian saving up for stuff over the last three years. Brian is gonna love that Z06 until I put 30 cars on him off a lite by Gary/Shick Ave.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

John I'll just hope that blower belt doesn't last past the 330' mark

Zach, as for the insurance, my dad is over 70 years old.......HAHA.....hes "primary", I'm 2nd.....

Yea, before this semester started I was working 8-6 mon-friday and saturday mornings.....I looked at what was ahead for the semester and tried planning out a work/school schedule, and with the amount of studying I have to do for my EMT class, there was no way I could work, rush home, "study", and go straight to the hospital for testing.....after I get this stuff out of the way......I'll be looking for a job again....
Old 02-13-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

John I'll just hope that blower belt doesn't last past the 330' mark

Zach, as for the insurance, my dad is over 70 years old.......HAHA.....hes "primary", I'm 2nd.....

Yea, before this semester started I was working 8-6 mon-friday and saturday mornings.....I looked at what was ahead for the semester and tried planning out a work/school schedule, and with the amount of studying I have to do for my EMT class, there was no way I could work, rush home, "study", and go straight to the hospital for testing.....after I get this stuff out of the way......I'll be looking for a job again....
oh dude you suck. so thats the trick...my mom is a seinor citizen if that counts for ****? haha shes like 57 or something. btw are you lookin for a job "in your field" or just any job. if you want just any job let me know, cause i just left a place and they are lookin for someone with some computer experience if you feel like you wanna do that...good money. pm me if you want, they are in naperville.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Brian is gonna love that Z06 until I put 30 cars on him off a lite by Gary/Shick Ave.
zing!
Old 02-13-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

ha ha ha
Kyle
Old 02-13-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this thread makes me feel so old. hmm how about i move in with my parents ( i guess my wife can tag along) and i can afford these toys lol
Old 02-13-2005, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

I would like to get in with my future career early at a township department, but I might just go back to my detailing job part time when I need to.....thanks for the offer though
Old 04-20-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Makes me laugh reading this thread
Old 04-21-2009, 05:40 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Wow, a 4+ year old thread brought back.....
Old 04-30-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Makes me laugh reading this thread
What are you doing on here??? havent heard from ya in Years...... thought ya moved on.... hit me up some time.

Kyle

Quick Reply: Firehawk is SOLD......