Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo question any help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo question any help?

Way back in the day I bought an older RV turbo system for a chevy 454, its a carb draw through system made by roto-master?, I had the turbo completely rebuilt years ago and it has sat ever since. Would this work on my 8.1 chevy? The exhaust manifolds look the same. Would any one be able to tell me if its sized anywhere close? There are no numbers on it other than on the exhaust housing that says A/R.81. The back plate on the comp. side says ROTO-MASTER 104248, and the comp. housing just has the Turbonetics icon? I measured the diameter of the fans and they are, Exhaust 2.510 at its smallest and 2.811 at its largest, Comp, side is 2.128 at its smallest and 2.696 at its largest, The i.d of the charge tube outlet is 1.750, any help would be great thanks...
Attached Thumbnails Turbo question any help?-t1.jpg   Turbo question any help?-t3.jpg   Turbo question any help?-t2.jpg  
Old 03-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the turbo looks similar to the one I bought with my kit, the same draw through style, with a carb box underneath the carb, the box has reed vavles that close under a pressure gradient. If as long as the carb box fits your set up, and the manifold works it should work. The only trouble is, if you dont have the prefabed exhaust peices you have to do it your self. Not to hard but you have to plumb from the passager side manifold to the drivers side, pre turbo. Make sure you have the proper waste gate, Although it probily uses the same size as on the sbc kits.