Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fabricating A2W intercoolers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabricating A2W intercoolers?

Am I missing something here? This seems easy.

My plan is to get a A2A intercooler that has the air inlets and outlets on the same side, make a aluminum tank around it so the inlets and outlets stick out the end, then I would have a tank in the back of the car that ice and water could be stored in.

The next step is to have a electric water pump that recirculates the water from the A2W tank to and from the back of the car.

This seems way too easy, am I missing something or is this a traditonal A2W setup?
Old 02-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
Am I missing something here? This seems easy.

My plan is to get a A2A intercooler that has the air inlets and outlets on the same side, make a aluminum tank around it so the inlets and outlets stick out the end, then I would have a tank in the back of the car that ice and water could be stored in.

The next step is to have a electric water pump that recirculates the water from the A2W tank to and from the back of the car.

This seems way too easy, am I missing something or is this a traditonal A2W setup?

If you know the dimensions you need for your a2w ic, let me know. I can have them made for a fraction of the price other companies are making them for

But yes, it is that simple. Just cost more
Old 02-27-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1-7
If you know the dimensions you need for your a2w ic, let me know. I can have them made for a fraction of the price other companies are making them for

But yes, it is that simple. Just cost more
I can do all the fabrication for cost of material, I have access to anything I need.

The only thing I can't make is the A2A cores that have outlets on the same side. I think for my twin kit I want 2 cores in the water tank.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
I can do all the fabrication for cost of material, I have access to anything I need.

The only thing I can't make is the A2A cores that have outlets on the same side. I think for my twin kit I want 2 cores in the water tank.

Right, I was saying if you wanted us to build the actual intercooler. Not the pipes, pump, lines or anything. I can make a2w intercoolers as low as $400. Of course for a bigger size, price will be more
Old 02-27-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on an air 2 water the air flows across the cooling core, while the cooling liquid goes where the charge air would go.

Quick Reply: Fabricating A2W intercoolers?