Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Wanted used Powerdyne supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wanted used Powerdyne supercharger

i was just wondering if anyone was selling a powerdyne supercharger at a reasonable price for a 2000 camaro ss. if so could you email me at lhugrad03@hotmail.com.. thanks

Last edited by lhugrad03; 03-07-2005 at 10:34 AM. Reason: added car make
Old 03-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Launching!

Default powerdyne

I have a 4.5 psi kit Ill let go for $1900and add $200 for my svo 42 injectors. I set up my kit for easy conversion to 6psi, all you need is the pulley and a third fan for cooling

Last edited by mike s.; 03-07-2005 at 12:18 PM. Reason: add info
Old 03-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Default supercharger

is there anything else i would need to purchase to install this sc. thanks
Old 03-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Launching!

Its a bit lengthy. Fuel pressure and boost gauge are a must, I can recommend autometer part numbers. Powerdynes come with an fmu and inline pump, I have them and they go with the set up, it is a band aid at best. I recommend using my injectors, they are only available at that price if you buy the set up, plus tuning from dedicated tuning software (ls1 edit, hp tuners). Most f body shops can do this on a dyno with a wideband o2 sensor for $400-$650. Another warning: ss's and 01-02 z's have a p/s cooler on the upper radiator hose that powerdyne did not consider. Their provisions will not work. It must be moved using universal hoses + 90 degree couplers to swing it out of the way.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Default powerdyne

what do you mean by band aid. and what is the car this supercharger is on? and year of car? How much horsepower increase did you see. and you said i would need to get it tuned or you had a tuner. and how much money i would have to put into everything that i would need to install. and i was also wondering if you had any pictures of it. sorry about all the questions. i am new to superchargers. thanks
Old 03-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Launching!

I mean that powerdyne's fuel upgrades are not sufficient. The FMU is a vacuum operated mechanical diaphram that pinches of the return line forcing in more fuel under boost. The inline pump increases fuel pressure. These upgrades have to be cut into your stock steel lines.........not very attractive. This setup will allow you to get by but your stock injectors are running over 100% duty cycle. The alternative is larger injectors with tuning, a tuner shop will have to do this, It can be expensive but tuning with ls1 edit on a pc with the car on a dyno, along with a wide band o2 sensor for accurate air/fuel ratio tuning is better than a rinky dink hypertech programmer. A hand held programmer will not get the job done. The supercharger is for 98-02 camaro/firebird. It has 500 miles on it, my buddy used it and I bought it but I have not installed it. Tuning is 500 bucks give or take, look in your local area. Gauges can run up to 200 to 300 total, but it all depends on whichones you get, if you install them, ect. The electric fuel pressure is by far the most expensive, at around 175 or so on ebay. Youll spend a little on rerouting the upper radiator hose, extra vaccum line, maybe clamps, parts house stuff. And a wrecker ride from the install point to the tuning shop.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Here is a good link for the installation. From the link here click on the "98 ss" link at the bottom of the page. Then click on the "mods" link in the same area. Scroll down to powerdyne s/c and click on the "install page" link. Many good photos.http://www.bocchicchio.com/
Old 03-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Teching In

how much power were you making on ur motor and with what mods?
Old 03-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Like I said, I didnt install it on my camaro, on my buddy's 02 trans am it added 90 rwhp, I have 42 pound injectors with the kit, using those should put you over 100hp. His car was stock, my 2002 has corsa catback, mti lid, k&n, otherwise mostly stock.

Last edited by mike s.; 03-07-2005 at 02:33 PM. Reason: add info
Old 03-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Default powerdyne

well i am definately interrested in it and want it but first i have to sell my tnt f1 nitrous kit and it is listed under nitrous on this forum and i can't afford both right now. when i sell my nitrous i will get ahold of you. what is your email address? thanks

Quick Reply: Wanted used Powerdyne supercharger