Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

fipk and powerdyne?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fipk and powerdyne?

is it possible to run a fipk intake with a powerdyne kit? thanks.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

There is no need to, the powerdyne kit relocates the filter to a good location.

Also, the CAI kit your talking about is replaced by charge piping from the supercharger
Old 03-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Default powerdyne

the kit i was looking at had a rectangle shape stock like intake kit that was in the same place as the stock one. but i don't have the stock one. i have the fipk and was wondering if that would line up okay with the powerdyne one. thanks
Old 03-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Powerdyne kits require you to use the the stock air lid. My kit will include the stock lid to solve your problem. The aftermarket lid wont couple to powerdyne's adapter/ducting hose piece coming from the maf with out mods. The tricky part is in the adapter is where you relocate crank case ventilation line from the passanger side valve cover to the throttle body. It has to be replaced from the TB to the adapter to prevent boost from going into the crank case. (bad). The adapter is designed to fit the stock lid. Others have fabbed their own induction kits, look it up in a search. Remember to cap off the TB and put in a check valve with low cracking pressure(<1psi). I was considering using the K&N kit, the one where the lid is replaced by a square filter, I think it looks good.