Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed Kit came today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question guys

Is there an alternative to a FMIC? It looks great and all on a Camaro, but IMO I think it looks silly on a TA, I would not want to cut my bumper up...Would the FMIC work efficient without hacking up the bumper?
Old 03-10-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
Quick question guys

Is there an alternative to a FMIC? It looks great and all on a Camaro, but IMO I think it looks silly on a TA, I would not want to cut my bumper up...Would the FMIC work efficient without hacking up the bumper?
You could do a Liquid to air setup. But you don't have to hack up the TA bumper up just remove the front cover.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HellRaiser
You could do a Liquid to air setup. But you don't have to hack up the TA bumper up just remove the front cover.

you mean front cover as in license plate holder....we need front plates in Jersey....Not that I care much about that, I would rather the ultimate sleeper...basically you can't see anything, fog lights, front plate and all.....but then I would believe the IC would not be nearly as efficient

I guess thats what always made me interested in an ATI setup or some type of roots blower than has a "built in" IC

So how much would an FMIC suck if I were to keep fog lights and the front plate?

Forgot about the A2W setup, I think I remember Phamspeed talking about that in a post a while back, hopefully they come up with some kind of stealth location (not where the battery is)
Old 03-10-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jer.... update me with what ya know now..... you know.. new info after you sent me the last PM.
Kyle
Old 03-10-2005, 08:32 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

2 things...HellRaiser, do you have a lift or access to one? Second, If you could find someway to shroud the IC, I don't think you'd have to much of a problem. In otherwords, put a chin strap on it and find a way to force enough air to it.

Edit: Aren't a few people running a Griffin core w/o cutting the front plate area open? I thought they said they were getting good results with that route.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
2 things...HellRaiser, do you have a lift or access to one? Second, If you could find someway to shroud the IC, I don't think you'd have to much of a problem. In otherwords, put a chin strap on it and find a way to force enough air to it.

Edit: Aren't a few people running a Griffin core w/o cutting the front plate area open? I thought they said they were getting good results with that route.
No lift for me. Just some Jack stands and crawling around on the dirty ground. Yeah there is guys makeing plenty of power with the FMIC on a TA.

Quick Reply: Phamspeed Kit came today!!!