Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo/BOV question....turbo guys chime in...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 07:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Turbo/BOV question....turbo guys chime in...

Quick question...
Does a BOV chatter on a turbo application at cruise speeds. I used to run one on my s/c and it chattered or chirped while at cruise. I'd like to get the tial 50mm BOV if it won't chirp/chatter at cruise for my turbo kit.
J
Old 03-11-2005, 07:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Quick question...
Does a BOV chatter on a turbo application at cruise speeds. I used to run one on my s/c and it chattered or chirped while at cruise. I'd like to get the tial 50mm BOV if it won't chirp/chatter at cruise for my turbo kit.
J
Absolutely not, unlike the supercharger the turbos arent making boost at cruise that needs to be bypassed.

Dave
Old 03-11-2005, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick question...
J
TIAL 50 is a pretty surgy BOV. You gotta push a pretty substantial amount of boost to even get that sucker to open up. They of course have several spring options too to choose from so just make sure you get a softer one if you run less than 18-20psi. But like was already said, they will make ZERO noise unless you are letting off right after boosting. Unless of course they are broken, then there's no telling what they will do
Old 03-11-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Awsome this was what Both me and Jeremy were thinking but we wre not sure.... thats why our BOV's on our SC setups were chirping...... Now you just have to choose what color Jer.
Kyle
Old 03-11-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool thanks guys...kyle, red of course....my tial wg is blue but I didn't have a choice there
Old 03-11-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

frcefed98 you figure out the oil lines and stuff yet? Can you take some pics for me to see how everything goes?
Old 03-11-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

HellRaiser, I'll take some very detailed shots of this install as the ones posted are insufficient. I'll also post on what tools, taps etc... I used to do the install as once again, instructions and how to's are limited at best. I'm going to be working on it all day Sat and Sunday....all my help as mysteriously melted away too Fairweather friends suck
Right now I'm getting the rest of the s/c kit all boxed up and ready to send out.

Kyle my Tial BOV is on its way now, I ordered a red one with a polished one as my second choice. I also requested the 11psi spring. I found it for 194.00
J
Old 03-11-2005, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

HellRaiser, I'll take some very detailed shots of this install as the ones posted are insufficient. I'll also post on what tools, taps etc... I used to do the install as once again, instructions and how to's are limited at best. I'm going to be working on it all day Sat and Sunday....all my help as mysteriously melted away too Fairweather friends suck
Right now I'm getting the rest of the s/c kit all boxed up and ready to send out.

Kyle my Tial BOV is on its way now, I ordered a red one with a polished one as my second choice. I also requested the 11psi spring. I found it for 194.00
J
Sounds good. Did you get your turbo yet?
Old 03-11-2005, 06:23 PM
10 Second Club

ahh so why did you switch to turbo, too many problems with the sc setup?
Old 03-11-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

said it a few post back, My SDCE ATI set up was flawless FWIW. I had no issues with it at all except for the small fact that it can't push anymore boost up here in the thin air. I'm spinning it at its max. I'd upgrade to a F1 but you can look the price up on that beast. Phamspeeds kit was almost the same as the F1 itself so the math adds up to TURBO Pay for me to move to FL and I'll give the turbo kit to KP and I'll keep my ATI set up as it will definetly do the job down there. Money and powerwise at this altitude it's better for me to go turbo as its more flexible when it comes to boost and power. I can spin this turbo to 20+psi if I had the need or want and i'll probably make the same power as the D1's 15psi, at 10-12psi with the turbo with more boost a turn of a **** away.
Biggest hold up now will be tuning, but i'll get it right or find someone who will, I got my s/c set up tuned pretty damn well.

Hellraiser, no Haven't heard anything either...
J
Old 03-11-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

J

I got ya bro..... should of told me.... i would of flown up there to help.... southwest is $99 each way from Corpus.. I think im going to go with the polished one on my setup.... we will see.... i expect pics on sunday night....
Kyle
Old 03-11-2005, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh now you tell me you would fly up here to help out....I can overnight you!
All the food you can eat! Pics will be up sunday. I'm going to be working on it all day.

Anyone have a ATI s/c shipping foam they can lend me? I just don't feel comfortable shipping KP's D1 in a box with limited protection. Local speedshop won't let me borrow one or even buy one from them!
J
Old 03-11-2005, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

i'm sure you'll be happy with your turbo, I'll be watching for the new results you get, good luck. the rear gear might be too much with the stall and the torque of the turbo. If you can get it to hook look out, you're gonna need a new oil pan!
Old 03-11-2005, 08:04 PM

Let me know how that TIAL works for you man. Its the same one I want to get except I want the purple one (Ithink they had purple )
Old 03-11-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

All the food you can eat! Pics will be up sunday. I'm going to be working on it all day.

Anyone have a ATI s/c shipping foam they can lend me? I just don't feel comfortable shipping KP's D1 in a box with limited protection. Local speedshop won't let me borrow one or even buy one from them!
J
Use the foam peanuts from you Phamspeed kit
Old 03-11-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't dare open that box again!!!!!!foamy peanutty death!!!!

I've come up with a solution to packing it rather safely and nicely so it won't get damaged by the UPS gorillas.
J
Old 03-12-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Where are the pics of this kit you mention? Good luck on this deal man. you have 10's at altitude no problem.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

J

I bubble wraped mine by its self and then put it on a box inside the big box.... got there saftley.
Ill come and visit one of these days bro.
Kyle
Old 03-12-2005, 03:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

NVM I found it. Looks beautiful.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

and

Quick Reply: Turbo/BOV question....turbo guys chime in...