Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hey Kyle Pham install pics DAY 1.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 01:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jay, what size turbo are you going with? I'd love to see that setup when you are done.

Robert
Old 03-13-2005, 01:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlwnTA
Another Blower Brother gone! Looks good J, I have been pretty impressed with the Phamspeed info so far. I might look to them for some reversed headers for the race car someday!

When are you going to let me redo those valve covers?

I'm thinking "TURBOCHARGED LS1" would look pretty good.

Anyway, good luck...and I picked up my motor from W2W today so I may need some pics hosted within a few days to show it off mocked up in the garage.

Mark

Marki can hostem for ya also.... it seems we have lost alot of blower buddys latley.....
Lookin good Jer.... More pics tomkorrow.... i thought i told ya to stay off tech till it was done.. Looks really good buddy.... Make sure you start another thread tomorrow with the new pics...
Kyle
Old 03-13-2005, 04:52 AM
Launching!

Have you tried installing the v-clamp on the header before bolting it to the head? That should at least help so you don't have to shove the clamp in.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Get SOM, A/C would be no problem with this kit. Easily has enough room, Phamspeed designed it so all that stuff would be kept, the only thing that has to be relocated is the alternator

Mark, yep I'll miss my D1, it was a blast but couldn't give me that push into the 10's that I needed unless all conditions were perfect around here, weather, track and car...and that never happens. So in with the turbo This kit is all awesome quality.
I know the covers need touching up, but next is the car....it needs some TLC on the ol body.

Hellraiser....I see, really didn't know what you were talking about since I don't have a turbo to look at. That end is 4.213 inches wide and looks to be made for a v band clamp. I can't find a v-band clamp that particular size..the closest one is 4.00 and cost like 40 bucks heres the link http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/me...egory_Code=CLA. Do you think you can get a 4 inch silicone connector over it with some prying and pulling? I'd say ask Phamspeed but...
I'm with you on finding stuff to fit it, i've been searching places for the 5 inch opening to that beast....gotta get an airfilter on there somehow I'll hit up the local semi/diesel place to see what they have in that dept.

I'm in the dark with you right now bro, but I'll get it figured out and I'll keep you posted.
J
Yeah let me know what you find. I'll look around to see if I can find anything. $40 seems like like alot for a clamp but don' forget you'll need the piece for the ic pipe that will but up against the turbo. As for getting a coupling on it I don't think that will happen unless you cut that end off the turbo. I still don't think that will work right. Phamspeed might know where we can get these piece's.

PS
a week ago I didn't have a clue how to post a pic. Mom look at me now!
Old 03-13-2005, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Great looking pictures! Pretty impressed with the Phamspeed kit so far.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Awesome write-up as usual. Hope all works out well for you. What are you going to do with those MAC's ?
Old 03-13-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The macs are going with the s/c as a package deal for KP

Flynbluedream, Hi robert I l'll PM you when its done so we can meet up and you can see it in action.

Hellraiser, I think that price includes the flanges with the clamp atleast it shows em in the pic Well get it straight.

LT1-7 I had to remove the clamp just to get it on without it tweaking anything. The clamp was pretty distorted from that afterwards. Like I stated above that pic was taken with the engine jacked up pretty high, the real clearance with the engine at rest is less than 1/8th of an inch...trust me it ain't fitting in there.....I was trying to will that thing in there with the usual "stones" I put to things that need persuading. The K member will have to be grinded and rewelded right there. Not a big deal for me, but for anyone else who has the BMR K member BE FORWARNED this is a big modification to the k member.

Thanks TS DUKE, I just want to help others who follow in my foot steps.

Kyle, hell no man, this post is going old school....10 pages long
Well time to get grinding and welding off to a late start today.
J
Old 03-13-2005, 01:30 PM

Youre threads rock! Ill be watching fo sho'
Old 03-13-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Youre threads rock! Ill be watching fo sho'
I agree! Guys like frcefed98 make boards like these so great. They take the time to write up everything they do and it makes it easy for guys like me. Keep up the good work fcrefed98 like I said before the few things thats cloudy for me is the oil lines and the ic pipe that comes off the turbo(need to find a place that has the parts).
Old 03-13-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Kyle, hell no man, this post is going old school....10 pages long

J

Old School Brutha........ its all good..
Kyle
Old 03-13-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking Day 2 Day From Mf'ing Hellllllllllllll

Holy Sheeit guys.....what a freakin pain in the *** today was. I was battling, wind, dirt blowing around, and the occasional joke from God in the form of sudden bursts of rain....all while trying to get the room needed for my shiney new turbo header.

Well I did it, its done, the passenger side header is now home free with plenty of clearance to do its thing. The Y pipe mounted up like a champ. I had to cut quite a big chunk out the the BMR K member I feel the header is just to far towards the inner fender well, as we measured my stock K member and space would have been real slim there too. Oh well all in a days work.

I am glad that these headers are very well made, and easy to get in and out of the engine compartment as I had the pass side header in/out about 25-30 times. I had to keep checking clearance between the two and that required bolting the header to the head to make sure that I was taking no chances in getting this right.

I was on my own for most of the day until my Dad popped up to lend me a hand....which was needed to calm my damn nerves lol.
We finally got it though, but ran out of weather to do the oil lines...God its me and you buddy when I get up there

Here are some pics...first one being how the K member looked...

Damn that took a lot of work..

Another shot, almost the same pic but a lil different view

Here is the set up complete....well almost...

The first pic is deceptive, as the engine is jacked up in that photo, the header flange was further in when the engine was down.

I'm going to cut a strip of 1/4 inch steel to fill and weld in the side of the kmember where you can see the lower A arm bushing to help strengthen it up again. I really didn't like cutting this much out but I WAS at a bind. Glad its done.

Its suppose to rain all day tomorrow and tuesday, so I'm falling behind schedule. I guess I can start fabbing up the FMIC frame in the mean time.

Flynbluedream, Its a GT42 turbo forgot to add that in my previous response.
J
Old 03-13-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Keep on truckin' bro!! Looks great so far man.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looking good bro. Keep up the the pics and info. After this is all done I might have to buy you a case of beer!!!!!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Restricted User

Looks great...nothing like a little modification to the K member...heh heh. Keep posting up the progress pics. These types of posts make the best ones!
Old 03-13-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey frecfed98 what are your plans for exhaust? For now I am going to run 3.5" or 4" after the DP and some kind of muffler maybe a borla then dumped before the rear.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:43 PM
9 Second Club

I would scrape the **** out of that on my car.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the props guys, just tryin to help the rest of yous guys.
Modding the K member wasn't an easy choice to make, but it had to be done....S/C is sold and there is no turning back

Hellraiser, I dunno for the exhaust either, I'm getting a Dynapack cat converter...the small bullet type from jegs for 149.00 to put in somewhere, after that its all ??? for me. I got to see how loud the car is and if its nice and turbomuted, with just the DP then I'll dump it before the axle and sell the magnaflow. BUT if its still a lil loud, I just go through the magnaflow and be done with it.
J
Old 03-13-2005, 09:46 PM

Your commentary is great.. LOL
Old 03-13-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

The first kit went on a lowered T/A and it had good clearance, and didn't have problems scrapping things. Mine is stock height, so no worries plus I know when to slow down for bumps and for the big bumps, I always hit em at an angle. Never had too many problems with scrapping things and I have the BMR track pack which has a big ol crossmember right under the seats...Now if I had four people in the car....wait its a two seater now Back seat is gone due to the rollbar making it unsafe for the rear occupants.

J
Old 03-13-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Your commentary is great.. LOL
tryin to keep it interesting fo sho Plus all this work makes one a little
the light at the end of the tunnel while distant can be seen from here.

Last edited by frcefed98; 03-14-2005 at 11:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Hey Kyle Pham install pics DAY 1.....