Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who else is overheating?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please understand, the ATI way per the manual is incorrect. Yes not everyone is overheating from this. But I'm sure the shop hooked it up like the manual says and people get their engine hot from this setup.

There are 2 reasons that ATI people overheat..

#1 The fan is either hooked up wrong, blowing air forward, or the fan is not big enough. Also the fan shroud the black metal piece that holds the fan, that ATI uses sucks.. Please inderstand, the radiator needs to be opened up allowing free flowing air to pass though, that fan shroud you hook up the large single ATI fan to should not be there. Take that off, hook up the fan directly to the radiator and watch your temps go down.

#2 the surge valve is re-routing air back into the blower getting it hotter, and your IAT's get hotter like the motor is idleing in desert heat.. Vent the surge valve to the open air. If you don't like the way the air venting sounds, then put a little filter on it.

Good Luck.

Clint
Old 03-17-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HUGGER ORANGE SS
Please understand, the ATI way per the manual is incorrect. Yes not everyone is overheating from this. But I'm sure the shop hooked it up like the manual says and people get their engine hot from this setup.

There are 2 reasons that ATI people overheat..

#1 The fan is either hooked up wrong, blowing air forward, or the fan is not big enough. Also the fan shroud the black metal piece that holds the fan, that ATI uses sucks.. Please inderstand, the radiator needs to be opened up allowing free flowing air to pass though, that fan shroud you hook up the large single ATI fan to should not be there. Take that off, hook up the fan directly to the radiator and watch your temps go down.

#2 the surge valve is re-routing air back into the blower getting it hotter, and your IAT's get hotter like the motor is idleing in desert heat.. Vent the surge valve to the open air. If you don't like the way the air venting sounds, then put a little filter on it.

Good Luck.

Clint

I agree with ya clint..... if i had kept my kit i would of kept the black shroud, but drilled mny largr sized hles so air could flow through it.... just anothe ridea... i didnt have another over heating problem since then.. even down here were it gets 100+ inthe summer.
Kyle
Old 03-17-2005, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get rid of the ATI fan and go with a dual spal set up. Thats what I did.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WS-6_2002
Get rid of the ATI fan and go with a dual spal set up. Thats what I did.

No need to spend more $$ on something that isnt needed....... Just make sure the fan is going the right way....... I never had a problem after that and it gets hotter here in S. Texas then it does in hawai any day...... I know i lived there for 4 years.
Kyle

Quick Reply: Who else is overheating?