Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed vs. ProTurboSytems!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 11:59 PM
...with cheese.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
I'm going crazy with all this talking. Both of these kits are great looking and I just want to see some actual results now. It looks like almost everyone is doing what I'm doing and building the car up correcty before adding boost. Armageddon, any idea when you'll throw yours on the dyno?
soon... I need my eboost to get numbers above 5.7psi
hooray!! lol...
Old 03-24-2005, 03:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Armageddon
soon... I need my eboost to get numbers above 5.7psi
hooray!! lol...

what kind do you need? I might be able to hook you up with one
Old 03-24-2005, 07:35 AM
Launching!

I noticed in the pics of the Phamspeed kit, the turbo has an anti-surge housing on it. Is this the same turbo that ships with the kit? Wouldn't seem necissary for a T70-T76 given the size of these engines. I bring this up because some people have found (on other cars) that anti-surge housings cost them quite a bit of power.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

I bought a PTK kit and have it sitting in my garage. I've seen a lot of PTK's kit from a T-66 on street kit for a mustang to a T-94 a low 8sec mustang. I also just helped a buddy install the new PTK 4V cobra kit, all of which were of excellent quality.

The PTK ls-1 kit cannot be compaired to the TTi street kit. I've owned 3 and I'm sorry but the tti street kit does not hold a candle to this kit.

Dalton and Jose are both very helpfull and I would not hesitate to buy anything I needed from them.

I'll try and get a few pics to show y'all that there a few kits have already been shipped out.

I also think Phamspeed is a very good kit. I am all for keeping as many GOOD turbo kit companies as we can get.

Later,
Dave
Old 03-27-2005, 03:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Would the PTK kit w/ fmic be considered a more complete overall kit since the Phamspeed kit w/ fmic requires you to fab your own piping?
Old 03-27-2005, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BoneSS
Would the PTK kit w/ fmic be considered a more complete overall kit since the Phamspeed kit w/ fmic requires you to fab your own piping?
Yes PTK is a complete kit everything you need to bolt up. As for the Phamspeed is a tuner kit and doesn't come with a fmic. So for Phamspeed you will need a fmic,pipes(coupling's and clamp's), and BOV.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

whats all the fabbing people tlak about with the phamspeed kit? i'm looking to buy a kit in the summer hopefully if I get the job I want, and I just want to run a turbo, nothing to crazy...5psi, nothing more. I thought the kit comes with everything you need to do that for 2350?
Old 03-27-2005, 12:35 PM
...with cheese.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

that is the budget kit you speak of. 5psi is no sweat with that, and it does come with the charge piping. No fabbing required.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was speaking of the more complete kits--thus the fabbing ?/answer--totally different from the budget kit.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BoneSS
I was speaking of the more complete kits--thus the fabbing ?/answer--totally different from the budget kit.
Our regualr kits for $3550 comes with charge pipes, only to the tb though. If you buy our kit with the fmic, you will need to have someone fab the charge pipes. Most exhaust shops will do it for about $200-$300

BTW, our FMIC upgrade for the $3550 kit is only $150
Old 03-28-2005, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am probably missing something here, but what would it take to make your regular kit w/ the fmic upgrade a real complete kit so that all I would have to do is bolt it up? IC piping? BOV? Downpipe upgrade? Thanks!
Old 03-28-2005, 07:28 PM
TECH Junkie

from waht i understand, FMICs are a custom install thing and would be hard to just make a kit for it.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

Not necessarily hard for John to make, but very time consuming and the price jumps up a lot. When he was selling a complete kit it was around $4500. Its cheaper to have the pipes made elsewhere.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Phamspeed tried to sell a complete kit with fmic but no one wanted it. That's when he dropped the fmic and just came up with the hotside for a low price.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
just in case you were thinking Clipper, the tti race kit is for cars without a/c but keep power steering and anything else. if you are looking to keep a/c and are fine with 600rw or below, their street kit is available for $5800 with bov, wastegate, intercooler included. not extra.
Thanks MM, in CO the A/C is not really a priority, and at this elevation, 600 hp just doesn't cut it. I was more curious than anything. The PS kit is looking very attractive, but as was mentioned previously, the TTi kit remains the only dyno and track proven setup thus far. Now, I don't think theres really any way the others will fall short, I mean, they're all basically the same thing, but it's nice to see consistent, time proven results, and the TTi kit is the only one that can offer that. Phamspeed has proven to be the leader, though in delivery of the system. I mean, getting your stuff in your hands is what it's all about. Phamspeed has proven strongly that they're good for their word, and hasn't fallen into the overpromise/underdeliver pit.

lol, I'll probably end up taping pictures of all three kits to a dart board, putting on a blind fold, and "throwing" my decision at my garage wall.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys for the info.

Quick Reply: Phamspeed vs. ProTurboSytems!!!!!