Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

which one to choose??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005 | 12:01 AM
On The Tree

Default which one to choose??

I'm somewhat new to the turbo and supercharger world. I'm lookin to get the vortec supercharger. But which would be better turbo or charger. If anybody knows of a good manufacture of either one it would help me out. Just tryin to get some input right now before I purchase anything. thanks
Old 04-06-2005 | 01:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlackLS199
I'm somewhat new to the turbo and supercharger world. I'm lookin to get the vortec supercharger. But which would be better turbo or charger. If anybody knows of a good manufacture of either one it would help me out. Just tryin to get some input right now before I purchase anything. thanks
This is such a broad subject that it all really depends on your personal preference. Some say supercharging is better and some argue turboing is better. I like Superchargers myself but many prefer Turbo... if you want to know about everything there is to know about Turbo check out this FAQ: https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/208864-turbo-faq.html

Also there are a ton of Supercharger and Turbo makers out there, check out some of the sponsors to your right or click one of these links for the manufacturers I know about.

Superchargers:

Accessible Technologies Inc - ATI - Pro Charger
BDS Holley Superchargers Paxton Vortech

As I said I'm a supercharger guy so I don't know very many Turbocharger makers, but on the TURBO FAQ there are links to makers for the LS1.

Well hope this helps
Old 04-06-2005 | 02:14 AM
TECH Addict

If ur a newbie to the FI world id think ud prolly be happier w/ a supercharger like a P1SC at 5-7psi or the aftercooled vortech g-trim w6-8psi. Only reason i say this is because i believe their easier to install, no boost lag( compared to turbo, etc But it takes hp to run the blower belt and usually once you get into the higher boost levels u run into belt slip & belts comin off
Turbos make more torque generally but ud most likely go w/ a single turbo and their are some pretty good priced kits out there from phamspeed and STS (the rear mount ones) and they take no hp to run since they run off exhaust. I dunno just a few rambiling thoughts.
If ya go supercharger, id go w/ the P1SC cuz its self contained, easier/cheaper to install and priced lower than the aftercooled vortechs
If ya go turbo then i dunno prolly one of the phamspeed or sts kits
Anyway after all that dumb stuff i just said, id recommend you go with a supercharger ur first time out!