Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

RPM's Drop and car stalls

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RPM's Drop and car stalls

Hey all...sorry this is in FI but i didnt know where to put it..sorry Mod..move it to where ever you want..

When i drive the 93 Camry le i dont run into any problems until i stop at a light, the rpm's idle at 900 rpm and then it sputters down to 400 and sorta spasms to 700rpm...it goes up and down a few times then the car stalls out..the lights and the radio stay on but the engine dies...does anyone know what can be wrong with the car?....I have to put it in park and then start the car again and if i get lucky itll start on me...Most of the time the car is driven in overdrive (its an auto)...is this bad?....if anyones can help me plz do...ive taken it to get checked 4 times and it still happens...
Old 04-06-2005, 06:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should have bought a Chevy....

-Geoff
Old 04-06-2005, 07:18 PM
...with cheese.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not a mechanic, I just know how to take stuff apart.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My roommate had an old pontiac something or other 4cyl POS. Her car did that to her as well. Would run fune until she stopped and it would stall. Turned out the torque convertor was seized and would not release when she slowed down and similar to a manual transmission if you forget to press the clutch when you stop, will stall the engine.

Quick Reply: RPM's Drop and car stalls