Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed GT42 Kit PROBLEM(S)..JOHN@PHAMSPEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1-7
At least someone knows where I'm coming from

It will be resolved. I want to get his car up and running now probably more than Jeremy does.
look on the bright side man, tomorrows monday, start ofa new week. jus brush this stuff off. i guees now there will be a stock/ tubular k-member type option in the works in the future. its a "tuner " kit and things will need to be adjusted or modified accordingly.
cliff notes: **** happens, then it gets fixed.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Keep up the good work Phamspeed.....it's obvious that you make great kits and any rational person wouldn't expect someone to sit by the phone or on the internet on the weekend expecting to have a fitment issue from one of their customers.

Now that being said, can I have a free kit? LMAO
Old 04-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
I'm just saying usually a compnay will not make or break b/c of 1 customer. Just a general thing. I for one DO want to purchase a Phamspeed kit. I dont see how I am adding to the fire. He is blaming the BMR... there is no way the BMR is at fault here. I guess we will see.

But I will stay out of this from this point on.
Well, one customer will not break us but we do make it a pretty big deal when we get a customer that wants a kit. As many of you know, we don't make a huge profit per kit. One order might not break us, but one post just might

I might be blaming the BMR k-member but look at it from my point of view. We test fit every kit on a totally stock 2000 TA before ever boxing it up. It fit fine when we test fit. Both Jeremy and I are standing our grounds on who's right and wrong, that's normal considering the situation.

Either way, Jeremy and I will figure this out and it WILL be fixed.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:13 AM
Staging Lane

Also it seems it wasnt frcefed98 who made this seem like a bash post..his first post simply said it doesnt fit. He didn't sound mad, sound in a big hurry, and didn't say anything negative. Heck even throughout the thread he stated nothing but positives bout phamspeed. But then everyone else began to chime in and then it was all of a sudden "OMG **** PHAMSPEED SUCKS *** CUZ OF ONE DOWNPIPE NEVER BUY FROM THEM EVER OR UR AN IDIOT LOLZZ". I think this just turned into a way bigger problem than frcefed98 ever intended it to be. least thats my 2 cents..which isnt worth much.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Darkspoon
Also it seems it wasnt frcefed98 who made this seem like a bash post..his first post simply said it doesnt fit. He didn't sound mad, sound in a big hurry, and didn't say anything negative. Heck even throughout the thread he stated nothing but positives bout phamspeed. But then everyone else began to chime in and then it was all of a sudden "OMG **** PHAMSPEED SUCKS *** CUZ OF ONE DOWNPIPE NEVER BUY FROM THEM EVER OR UR AN IDIOT LOLZZ". I think this just turned into a way bigger problem than frcefed98 ever intended it to be. least thats my 2 cents..which isnt worth much.

Understood. It might have just sounded like bashing the way I read it. Same way Eric read my post as being tempered.

I agree Jeremy probably didn't plan on this thread becoming as big as it did, I know better This will become 10 pages in no time. Hell, he even got my brother involved in this and he does not get involved in customers, this is probably why I can tell this is going to get ugly real fast and there's really nothing I can do about it.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:30 AM
Staging Lane

Understood. It might have just sounded like bashing the way I read it. Same way Eric read my post as being tempered.

I agree Jeremy probably didn't plan on this thread becoming as big as it did, I know better This will become 10 pages in no time. Hell, he even got my brother involved in this and he does not get involved in customers, this is probably why I can tell this is going to get ugly real fast and there's really nothing I can do about it.
No matter how ugly it gets don't worry, I'll still love you in the end!
Old 04-11-2005, 01:30 AM
TECH Veteran

if this really gets more useless than it has than y not delete it since u 2 will be in contact privately so it doesnt get out of hand.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:34 AM
On The Tree

I believe the majority of the storm has passed, just makes it harder for a company starting out with very inexpensive LS1 turbo kits getting a good reputation.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:06 AM
TECH Resident

John has answered every email and pm i have sent him. And ive sent him some pretty stupid ones lol. I'm sure everything will be worked out between both parties.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hey bro,

Sorry. You guys will get this worked out.

Take it ez,

Eric B
Old 04-11-2005, 05:34 AM
On The Tree

This whole thread could have been avoided had frcefed just called or pm'd john. Hell john called me last night to see how the kit was going. On a sunday of all days there are very few companys that would have done that. In the end it will get resolved it is just funny how some people chose to get things out in the open rather than pm'ing or calling the one person who could and will fix the problem.I'm done with this thread
Old 04-11-2005, 05:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frcefed98
I'm not bashing anyone Smokin.
J
wasnt refering to you when i said that, you posted a clearance problem with your kit in a desent mannor which is acceptable.

Now the bmr kmember should have nothing to do with the down pipe clearance issues. which was said before. it sits in a smaller place then the stock one, if anything it should help.
Next by the pics that were posted before it is obvious that the two downpipes shown are different, with frcefed98's with less bends which looks like it would not tuck up as well.
i am also curious to why he had to cut his k-member before to fit his header, he shouldnt of had to do that as again it occupies a smaller space then the stock kmember.

now Phamspeed seems resonalbe it should be as simple as frcefed98 sending back his downpipe with phamspeed checking it again and sending one with the mulitlpe bends.

frcefed I'll extend an offer, if needed, if you cant get it mocked up correctly on the BMR k-member and dont have anyone to cut and reweld it up for you, pay for shipping and ill do it for free as i have a BMR k-member and my car is apart where i could do it easily.

ANd now since its moday, i think you could just call phamspeed to get it worked out.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:44 AM
9 Second Club

this is so simple, kit is made to fit stock kmember, which hangs down lower then a tubular piece. he has a tubular K , the kit still was made for a stock k, therefore the difference in height of the k members is the cleareance you're seeing between the down pipe and up pipe to the bmr k member. nothing can be done about this unless they were to build a kit for a tubular K member.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiago
this is so simple, kit is made to fit stock kmember, which hangs down lower then a tubular piece. he has a tubular K , the kit still was made for a stock k, therefore the difference in height of the k members is the cleareance you're seeing between the down pipe and up pipe to the bmr k member. nothing can be done about this unless they were to build a kit for a tubular K member.
That explains the gap between the pipe and k-member, but not the angle at which the downpipe goes.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

how about spinning the pipe on the v clamp? Or is this just so simple a solution its already been tried? Either way I have the same pipe as forcefed and the same k member, Lets not hope I have these issues. As for the k member, well the k member doesnt change the powersteering location and from those pics the pipe is close to it already, not much room for movement

Last edited by PurEvl; 04-11-2005 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PurEvl
how about spinning the pipe on the v clamp? Or is this just so simple a solution its already been tried? Either way I have the same pipe as forcefed and the same k member, Lets not hope I have these issues. As for the k member, well the k member doesnt change the powersteering location and from those pics the pipe is close to it already, not much room for movement
I am sure Don can work it out for you if its a little off. Cant wait to see your ride when its done.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:37 AM
chronic masturbator

Originally Posted by PurEvl
I think (by the pics) it has been spun as far as you can without hitting the rack
Old 04-11-2005, 09:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I really don't see a problem with this kit.As in any Front mount Turbo setup there is clearancing/fabricating to do.That is just the way it is.I do know for a fact that my BMR K-member did lower the motor on my TA which would definitely cause the problems you are having.Nothing a sawzall and a welder can't fix in a 1/2 hour.Now I hope everyone learned that this kit and any opther kit should be test fitted first to your car then send it out for coating ect.

I see Johns point on missing e-mails.It really sucks being a shop owner/worker and getting a ton of repeat e-mails.This takes time to answer and the job you are working on is getting delayed.(losing $$)If we got paid like lawyers and billed for phone time it would be great,but it doesn't happen
Old 04-11-2005, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dynedta
I think (by the pics) it has been spun as far as you can without hitting the rack

Yeah it has, I told Jer to put his finger in front of the rack and I spun it until it touched his finger. Not so much worried about it being closer but more worried about the boot melting and the power steering fluid boiling.

As I told Jer, there is an intermediate pipe that needs to be cut down or removed completely to gain some clearance.

We doublechecked everything to see if we messed up somewhere etc. and everything checked out.

DynedTA, it'll be interesting to see your results.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:45 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My BMR k-member was cut to get 1 7/8 QTP headers to fit, they fit fine with the stock k-member. The steering rack on a BMR K-member is a tiny bit lower and further forward then stock, look at where the top bolt on the steering shaft is compared to stock. I have kooks 1 7/8 headers on this car, guess what, they fit fine on the stock k-member but I will either have to sawzall the corner of the 'box' on back the BMR or crush a tube 1/2 way on each side for them to fit, my solution for now is to leave the stock k-member in. My point is the BMR doesnt have more room everywhere, even though it looks it, I dont have a real good pic but you can see in my old car where the corner was cut off where the arrow is pointing. You cant blame them for the header not fitting a non-stock k-member IMO.

I have never measured it but I have read several times the motor sits a LITTLE lower with the BMR also.

The original pics that were posted of the GT42 kit showed how low the DP was sitting and it hugged the stock k-member. I'm sure if phamspeed had a car with a BMR k-member they could make it tuck up higher. The RH side pipe could be eliminated alltogether by using the forward facing header they have. The kit is no doubt a DIY kit, I suppose they figure if you can make your own charge pipes you could tweak the down pipe and hook up the exhaust.

Quick Reply: Phamspeed GT42 Kit PROBLEM(S)..JOHN@PHAMSPEED HELP