Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Inputs on turbo size & the Master Power linup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 04:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Inputs on turbo size & the Master Power linup?

hey guys.......

i have recently gotten a recommendation to use a pair of MP T-70's on my project which i'm aiming for 1200 fwhp and 1000 fwtq on 93 oct. only. the motor is nearly identical in every way to the one built by Monty Williams and he used a pair of tiny Turbonetic's T60-1 hi fi's and achieved that same power at less than 6500rpm, 18 lbs. of boost, and 93 oct. be sure to notice i did say FWHP. anyway, i saw another post where the T-70's were rated up to 850 fwhp each and would then be an overkill apparently for my goals. i was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the MP lineup as well as what size i should go with that would most resemble the output/specs of the hi-fi's. i don't plan to ever exceed 1400 fwhp with this car due to not wanting to push it as far as it can go. hopefully this all made sence. i'm all for saving money on a quality comparible part and from what i've heard, the MP tubo's have no worse fail rate than the big name companies. what are your thoughts???

here's the link to his site for those who would like to see what i'm aiming for.....http://www.montygwilliams.com/

thanks,
Dave
Old 04-16-2005, 05:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have the complete Master Power line up in an excel sheet format below. My take is use the larger units, the better the efficiency the more hp per lb of boost you will make. We have a 502 ci motor using the Twin MP T70's and a richmond 6spd in a 68 Z28. The car made 690rwhp with just 6psi and spools very quickly. The engine has unported heads and a stockish cam. Consumption per minute on that 502 is probably pretty close to Monty's motor which is a VERY nicely flowing combo. The MP 70's would work well on your setup indeed. The next thing down will be a pair of 60's. That will only supply about 1200fwhp max. And that max is assuming your PR stays in the most efficient part of the compressor map.

http://forcedinductions.com/img/MPturbos.htm

Jose
Old 04-16-2005, 09:28 PM
9 Second Club

so make it easy on me Jose......what part #'s do you recommend so i can look right at it. i have no clue what i'm looking at as i've never really had much of anything explained to me and what i have had, has been said sounds more like jiberish. i don't think i'm all that slow, just that everything i see seems to be a bit advanced. let me know the part # in that spread sheet you've got when you get the time please. and one more thing.....are you saying there is nothing in between a T-70 and a T-60?? i thought all makes make several sizes to suit. is this wrong?

thanks,
Dave
Old 04-18-2005, 09:10 PM
9 Second Club

nobody else has an oppinion or experience with the MP turbo's???

Quick Reply: Inputs on turbo size & the Master Power linup?