Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin F-body guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 02:32 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Twin F-body guys

After seeing 99t76ls1's pics, and conversing with him about his setup, it got me to thinking. For those of you who have done your own setups and still drive your cars on the street (off road guys feel free to input too), where do you run your down pipes? Are you just dumping them right out under the engine compartment, routing them back through some how and out the back? Under the K-member, ect? If you dump them under the hood, do you have problems with noise, exhaust in the car, soot, ect? TIA.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Mine go down in front of the kmember right now and dump, after seeing so many pipes going under the kmember i might try and route mine under
Old 04-19-2005, 07:04 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
Mine go down in front of the kmember right now and dump, after seeing so many pipes going under the kmember i might try and route mine under

Yeah, that's always a possibility, just that with some of the Pennsylvania roads I drive (which isn't THAT often, but often enough) it would make me nervous. I'm sure there's away, if you are ingenuitive enough.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:11 AM
I ruin the end of films...

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
Same here. Both dump before the front tire.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:11 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

I don't plan on changing from a stk. ride heighth, to much trouble for very little gain, and it doesn't "enhance" the appearnce of the car that much. What is stock ground clearance? 5" I suppose I can always to the tube into oval tube into tube again in order to gain some. Volume and flow principles don't really care if it's round, square, triangle, ect. But, again, I'm not @ this point anyways and probably won't be for a while. But I'm back and forth between custom setup twins, PTK hot parts, or custom single. Ugh, decisions decisions.

Quick Reply: Twin F-body guys