Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Roots Blower Is Coming!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Roots Blower Is Coming!!

I have been working with Magnuson to develop a 98-02 f body kit. I am in the assembly process with the car right now. I will have picks up within a week. I am hoping to have the car at the F-Body gathering in Atlanta next week, So if anyone is in the area come check it out.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we will come over to check it out at the fbody gathering.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by 01camarosspower
I have been working with Magnuson to develop a 98-02 f body kit. I am in the assembly process with the car right now. I will have picks up within a week. I am hoping to have the car at the F-Body gathering in Atlanta next week, So if anyone is in the area come check it out.
Interesting!

There is another person working on this same set-up https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/239534-pics-ls1-f-body-roots-style-blower-mounted.html and has been for some time now!
Old 05-20-2005, 01:28 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by Orange Krush
Interesting!

There is another person working on this same set-up https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239534 and has been for some time now!
darn, beat me to it. good luck with this kit, and will it need a cowl hood?
Old 05-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01camarosspower
Awesome! Do you have to cut the cowl or change the hood?
Old 05-20-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

interesting.....more info please
Old 05-20-2005, 02:53 PM
10 Second Club

Been waiting a Looooooooooooong time on this. I'll beleive it when I see it
Old 05-20-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02SOMWS6
Been waiting a Looooooooooooong time on this. I'll beleive it when I see it
i concur, this kit has been "comming" for quite some time now, let us know when it arrives.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LSONE
i concur, this kit has been "comming" for quite some time now, let us know when it arrives.

Old 05-20-2005, 05:51 PM

I Want One!
Old 05-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Teching In

You guys might want to read the GTO Maggie complaints. Go check out LS1GTO.com and read the info there. Magnuson had some heat soak problems to begin with. Guys were running 14s with their $7,000 kits and weren't too happy about it.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

We cut the cowl and relocated the passenger wiper arm pivot. The charger fits under my factory Z28 hood with some minor trim work to the frame of the hood. Don't know about a SS hood yet. We are going to try and fit a SS hood before my hood is bolted on and adjusted for the final time.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Look for a Pewter Hardtop base car at the gathering. I always wanted a sleeper. I will be tuning the car while at the gathering and will put up some numbers ASAP! Hoping for around 500-550 RWHP and about the same torque.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgive the question, but what is the appeal of the roots blower for the LS1. All of the ones that I have seen and heard are much more noisy than the prochargers and Vortechs and from a power stand point the prochargers and vortechs will walk all over the roots ones for the LS1.

Any responses here?
Old 05-20-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

people like the instant tq of the roots blowers. but i also think that many people will be disapointed in the very limited (when comparing to aggressive h/c package). it wont even be close to the power the centrifugal blowers make. but something about making peak tq at 3000 rpms and carrying it out to redline that people will love.

i personally love the sound of my eaton blower on my Lightning!
Old 05-21-2005, 02:41 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
Forgive the question, but what is the appeal of the roots blower for the LS1. All of the ones that I have seen and heard are much more noisy than the prochargers and Vortechs and from a power stand point the prochargers and vortechs will walk all over the roots ones for the LS1.

Any responses here?
The appeal @ least for a guy like me who drives his car 365 days a year, is seamless, transparent, dependable, every day drivability.

For me this unit @ 500hp/500tq is more than enough to put a permanent on my face, ....... and get the roll bar police chasing me around the dragstrip because I went 11.49 or better!
Old 05-21-2005, 02:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yup....it's not for me but I can see how there would be quite a few people who would like the responsiveness, quick peak boost and enough HP to keep some folks happy.

I would rather have a cent or turbo but I'm just not happy with ~500HP but I can see where there are a lot of folks who are happy with it. Look how many people are satisfied with a basic STS kit with methanol. That isn't going to make amazing #'s but it's enough for them and I think a roots would be enough for a good chunk of people out there.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:04 AM
Launching!

01camarosspower??????????????
Roots Blower Is Coming!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...82#post2944982

It would be nice to come in here again and just for the stats clear who you are?
Mister HP?
Is this a name change cause till today ( 6 month later!) no 4th gen Blower Kit from YOU?

By : Nine Ball
If you ever get to compare the dyno graph of a 500 rwhp roots blower with that of a 500 rwhp centrifugal blower, the roots kicks its butt all across the power band, especially in torque
>>>>>>>>>>>( why would Nine Ball come in here to poker? His ride and the FACTS at PHR Magazine!)

By : Evil F1 SS
The twin screw's would make more power at the same boost with less heat. So even at 500 rwhp there would be less heat and the motor would last longer
>>>>>>>>>>( must have been to the Kenny Bell website...lol...reading the “truth” about a R O O T S ! )

By : Cat3
John, seems to have been lost in the sauce, but thanks for the pics man. Now we see what its looking like, and the IC will be the production line (barring debate of which is better and why in Everyones HO) next major question is price.

By : 01camarosspower
Hoping for around 500-550 RWHP and about the same torque.???????????
>>>>>>>>>>>>>Its been done see Nine ***** car!

By : PilotMan
You guys might want to read the GTO Maggie complaints. Go check out LS1GTO.com and read the info there. Magnuson had some heat soak problems to begin with. Guys were running 14s with their $7,000 kits and weren't too happy about it
>>>>>>>>>>>get the facts!The GTO Kit was updated several times now!
I am with you on the price ......7000$ <<<<< ???????????????

By : gator's 99TA
people like the instant tq of the roots blowers. but i also think that many people will be disapointed in the very limited (when comparing to aggressive h/c package). it wont even be close to the power the centrifugal blowers make.
>>>>>>>>>>>I havent seen any 3,3 Lysholm on a LS1 maybe you can help me out ...should be funny to see this 3,3
Lysholm at 30psi (talking about aggressive kits) raping a ATI!!!!!!!!!
KB little 2,4 little Boy pumped out 700HP on a lame Cobra engine......ooopppss!

Compare a F1R to a little Magna 112????PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Last edited by LS1 Hybrid Magna; 05-21-2005 at 08:25 AM.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Gentlemen...why go with a roots blower? Twin screw is where it's at.

Don't forget an intercooler. You'll be heatsoaked like crazy without one.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:50 AM
Staging Lane

The blower we are using has the largest intercooler and heat exchanger that Magnacharger offers. I am trying to get a pic up of my cowl, and also one with the blower installed. And this is not Mr. HP. I am new to Ls1tech. As soon as this project is completed I will have links and pics to show this off. I have 6 days to get my car ready for the gathering and right now I don't have the motor or trans in or anything under the hood. I still have to make an air intake system and mount the heat exchanger. Tons of work to be done. I will have a scrap book of my car showing what it was like when I first bought it and all the way to completion.

Quick Reply: Roots Blower Is Coming!!