Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Car overheating after ATI install.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Default Car overheating after ATI install.

We have checked every possible thing posted on this forum and car still overheats when idling or at lights (in just 80 degree weather...no way will I be able to drive the car in 100 degree Kansas weather this summer until I can figure out why overheating started immediatly after the ATI install).

A professional ATI shop switched the steam line and overflow hoses during the their ATI install, which I originally thought would solve the problem after I rerouted them the correct way. But it still overheats while idling.

BTW...the car has an electric Meziere water pump. It kept the temps at constant 185 all last summer. It had a 180 and I replaced with a 160 TStat. I drilled holes in the TStat as suggested by Mezeire instructions.

We have yet to modify the BOV valve to vent to atmosphere rather than recirculate back through the blower which should help lower the IAT's (especially while idling). Will try that this weekend.

Am confused about direction of ATI fan. One post says the fan should push air through the radiator, but most others say it should pull air from the front of the radiator and into the engine compartment.

Which is correct? Pull or or push? It is presently pulling air through the radiator into the engine compartment.

Last edited by dlandsvZ28; 06-02-2005 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pull is correct.

and the ati supplied fan is woefully underpowered to handle the cooling duties with the AC in hot weather.

if your overheating now with no AC try burping your coolant system, perhaps you have some air in there.