Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Dyno numbers before / after alkyl

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 04:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out of curiousity, why did you go back to the stock manifolds from the long tube headers? With a blower, that could net a pretty good gain.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry guys for not posting during more than a week but I haven't received any email from the forum telling me there were answers...

Timing: I made some more tests playing with timing and alcohol injection.
17* needs 4GPH, 19* needs 5 GPH and 21* needs 6GPH of 50% ethanol. This to see zero KR. The funny thing is that more timing didn't help at all, so why bump it up?
I'll probably keep it betwee 17* and 19* using 5GPH and that's it.

Safety: I adjusted the timing vs IAT timing table so to retard timing in case the WI doesn't work. I turned off the WI to check it and it really pulls the set timing (no more power but also no KR... )

Headers: floor clearance issues, underhood heat (the non intercooled kit gets HOT), lot of rust (after one year). I was so pissed by the rust that I HAD to remove them. Next time they'll be stainless.

Inspector12: what timing are you running right now? What was the timing set by Vortech with their programmer? It would be interesting to see the difference between 6 vs. 9 PSI kit.
True what you say about shipping and taxes: we also have to show the car from time to time (to the police) and it's easier to remove a vortech than a set of H/C... but it's true: for this amount of power it was better to go with other mods. Bore + stroke, heads and a mild cam - that would be better. for this job (that I would never do myself) we pay here $20'000 and more, so the SC has been the cheaper option. It's also a job I can do by myself (= install fun).

Thank you for all you comments - Stefano

Quick Reply: Dyno numbers before / after alkyl