Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

twin turbo lt1 project

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twin turbo lt1 project

I'm building a twin turbo lt1 for my car and I'm a little green when it relates to turbos. I know its a lt1, but there seems to be a good turbo knowledge base in this forum and most of your experience should apply.

The turbos I have are Garrett GT32's. I don't know if I should leave the motor a 350 or build a 383. It doesn't cost that much more to build the 383 but, I was concerned that the turbos may be a bit small.

I guess my first question is, what horsepower level do you think is realistic on pump gas using these turbos? The bottom end will be all forged components but, for the time being I will probably use the stock heads so I'm not sure how low I can get the compression ratio without using custom pistons.

I'm still in the early stages of construction with this car so I haven't plumbed any of the fuel lines yet. What fuel systems are you turbo guys using that don't cost a fortune.

I know there is a lot to consider and research with this project so any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you dont mind this post BUT - If you go with a stock displacement I have a NEW set of Custom LT1 ROSS Pistons that will give you 8.5 to 1 CR with stock LT1 Heads. They are Forged 4340 and with the lower CR I am sure you would be able to run a good bit more boost ! I am not the right guy to address your other questions BUT These are avalible if you are intrested. I changed my Mind about my build BUT I already ordered the pistons ? I will sell them for a LOT less than they cost me! Good luck with your Build! I look forward to seeing how it goes! Lata, Arkangel77

Quick Reply: twin turbo lt1 project