Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

pro charger belt/pulley

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pro charger belt/pulley

so there i was driving my sc 00ss and i stopped at a red light , the belt started making a small amount of smoke...i hopped out and looked under the hood and it seemed as if the tension pulley wasnt spinning...i used an inspection mirror to poke the pulley and it was spinning, but it didnt look like it was fast at all.... so me and my friend tried to loosen the tension pulley some but there is like a gap theis big between the support and the tension pulley || about half a cm. we also tightened down on the screw that tightens the belt figurin maybe it was slipping.....still kinda acting wierd....i also hear a wierd noise from the sc i think....kinda like a rattling which i think is the sc wearing in....just wanna make sure thats what it actually is, i changed the oil after the first 500 miles and replaced it, just wondering if that noise should be expected. so i guess my question is what should i do about the belt/pulley and is that noise normal? ty
Old 06-16-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

How much boost are you seeing? Whats your pulley size?
Old 06-17-2005, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

6 rib pulley and i cant even get the boost to go below 10" cause i still have to install the fuel portion, but it seems like the tension pulley isnt even spinning, should i tighten the tension and loosen the pulley? it says to torque the pulley to 40ftlbs but it came loose when we did that

Quick Reply: pro charger belt/pulley