Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

tuning my procharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 04:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuning my procharger

hey guys i am a lurker most of the time but could really use some help dailing my procharger setup in, first off its a forged ls1 with 9.5 to 1 compression, ported stage 2 ls1 heads, tr 224/224-112, hooker long tubes, shaner s2 throttle body, d-1 procharger with front mount intercooler and 60 lb motrons with dual 255 intanks with stock fuel lines and rails. ok i just got my setup finished and took the car out for some test runs without a wideband, i got my ifr table set for the 60lb motrons all the ltft are locked at zero to -4 and lock in at zero at wot. ok logging with my hp tuners i noticed that my mass air sensor is maxing out at 5400 rpm to 5500 at 7 psi of boost. i have max timing at 19 degrees at wot and with the iat temp at 140 at wot it is pulling 4 degrees of timing. i understand this but i was wondering why my injector ms goes from 12ms down to 8 or 9ms after the mass air sensor is maxed out. i also noticed that sometimes the computer is using the low octain table for timing, in the low octain table the timing is locked at 15 degrees timing at wot, but since the iat is pulling 4 degrees timing, i am seeing a max of 11 degrees timing. i hope some of you guys can at least point me in the right direction on this as i just got this complete setup together. thanks a million. i can email my bin file with my current tune and my last log run if someone would like to look it over.

Last edited by BIRDONNOS; 06-30-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your maxing out your MAF. You need to go into the PE table and manually add fuel. You need to get a wide band and get that car on the dyno before you do some damage to it.
Kyle

Quick Reply: tuning my procharger