Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 02:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sick man tell me what it runs when you finish it
Old 07-04-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default frame notching... the final chapter

Well today was an early day as i planned on getting the passenger turbo to seat perfect. I took the turbo off like 10 times before i was satisfied on how it fit. I suck at frame notching and need to have the area that i touched cleaned up(after i get the fab work finished). The dremel worked great but the pics show my lack of skill. I notched far enough into the frame so the compressor housing sits 1/8" away from the frame. I also bolted all of the accesories up to ensure that EVERYTHING still fit and, of course, it did. The downpipe on the drivers side wouldn't go on at first(i was worried my kit was not made properly) but i just had to remove a heat shield mount and all was well. The car is more together right now than it has been since august and it doesn't even have a complete engine. The good thing is i am getting better at removing and installing the kit I scratched the hell out of my K member oh well this isn't a show car. Here are some pics of what i did today.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-cas1.jpg   Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-cas2.jpg   Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-cas3.jpg   Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-cas4.jpg   Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-cas5.jpg  

Old 07-04-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

and some more.............
Attached Thumbnails Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-cas6.jpg   Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-cas7.jpg   Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-cas8.jpg   Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-cas9.jpg   Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-cas10.jpg  

Old 07-04-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

and the end of the day pic.............
Attached Thumbnails Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-cas11.jpg  
Old 07-04-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

your a man posessed...keep going!
Old 07-04-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

thanks for the pictures. do you have the coil relocator setup?
Old 07-04-2005, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
thanks for the pictures. do you have the coil relocator setup?

Thanks Jam! I am moving as fast as i can!

No i don't have a relocation kit yet but we'll see when it comes time to put everything in.

Greg
Old 07-05-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Bitchin progress man!

Is that an old Yamaha in there?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fandango
Bitchin progress man!

Is that an old Yamaha in there?
Thanks. Yes it is. I think it's an 81 or 82. It's a 250 4 stroke. I gave it away to one of my soldiers because he used to ride. A buddy that seperated from the army gave it to me but i didn't intend on keeping it. My soldier just needs to come take it away as i am pressed for space as you can see.

Greg
Old 07-08-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Car is at Rusty's Total Performance!

This is the scariest part of the build because i can't be a part of it. Rusty is now in control and will make or break this project. I've seen some of his work first hand and it is just immaculate but, i wonder how he will do in such tight spaces. The pic of the damage is the only real damage, besides little scratches and chips in the paint, on the car and was done last year when a friend pushed my car into storage while i was away for school. I stopped at a local body shop/ race shop and was given a decent quote on the repair (i think so anyway) 500-600 to fix the dent, repaint the qtr panel, and repaint the bumper. He was also very impressed with the turbo kit and that it retained all accessories. We'll see how that turns out. I just can't wait to see the progress that is made on the kit but am a little scared at the same time because it's completely in his hands(i am an hour + away). I gave him a guide as to what i want but i can't tell him how to do it. This should be the last update for a little while until i get the car back. If you want to check out his work go to www.rtpaz.com He turbos everything! He is making a TT bel air, has a turbo wrangler and tons of other stuff. He also has a really nice street rod. I wish i could be there watching everything and putting my two cents in. That's all for now.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-rusty1.jpg   Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-rusty2.jpg   Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-rusty3.jpg   Twin turbo update...Cas kit is a B*tch to install!!!-rusty4.jpg  
Old 07-09-2005, 02:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Go Rusty Go Rusty
Old 07-09-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

damn, looks amazing. I REALLY WANTA STREET VIDEO!!!!! KEEP GOING!