Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

question about boost controller install

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about boost controller install

ok my friend drives an 2003 audi A4 (yes i know it is incredibly slow) and he is purchasing a greddy boost controller for his car. (not sure what kind but i will find out) and i told him i would put it in for him. but the thing is i know its pretty simple just hooking up some wires and a ground. or at least from what ive seen thats what u do. but does anyone have any clue as to what wires im looking for ar does anybody know a website that could give me info on the install? i know this isn;t an audi forum but ive posted the same thing on an audi forum but nobody will answer it. ( maybe because my thread name is LS1) so you guys assistance is much needed and appreciated!!!! thanks!
Old 07-28-2005, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

doesnt it come with instructions?
Old 07-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Coal Mining Director

It's not that simple...not hard but you need to understand which ecm wires to tap....you'll need a wiring diagram for his specific ecm to get the correct wires....also start very low on the boost setting and work your way up on a dyno and monitor kr and a/f....or it will go BOOM....if you don't completely understand tuning a turbo car you're asking for trouble. Good luck!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

do u know which wires to splice into? if you do then i can just find those wires on the wiring diagram. no sure if it comes with instructions. i could always try and email greddy. the factory boost on the a4 is 8 lbs. or thats what he told me. i think we will turn it up around 10 or 12. because i heard abvove 14 isnt really that safe for the stock turbo. and definitely don t wanna blow up his motor with less than 10k miles on it. the specific model is the greddy profec B spec II. boost controller.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Launching!

my greddy profec b boost controller didnt require tapping into any ecm wires...I guess its different on audi's...its just power, ground, and mounting the solenoid valve somewhere safe and connecting the vacuum. The instructions it comes with are very easy and in english and jap.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

ok cool. thanks for the help. btw do u like your greddy controller. how many options does it have

Quick Reply: question about boost controller install