Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Do you guys think an FMIC is worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by strykerZ28
LOL. Some of those azfba guys are pretty cocky. The admin there, GhostSS, absolutely hates my setup. I can't seem to convince him that the STS is a good choice. Oh well. Other than him, everyone else there is pretty cool. I've been to a couple of their events, kinda boring but it's always nice to see people who appreciate the F-body.

Your car is gonna be sweet with that front mount. I would love to see it sometime.
Later
hah, ya jason(ghostSS) seemed pretty cool to me when i talked to him, but to each their own.

and if im not mistaken, which i probably am, isnt he friends with Todd at discount direct?

todd's got a gto with an STS also. Unless that was mike o connor that im thinking is friends with him(which i know it is for sure, just dont know if jason knows him too)

ya, once i get the car back ill be taking it to the pavilions.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by longrange4u
Zom... what is the best way to monitor the KR and the EGT? Any reccomendations? What are the boundries that it should be within?
I ran my EGT in the collector and made sure my EGTs didn't get over 1450. You'll get a lot of different numbers on what the EGT should be max and it really depends on where the probe is located.

Right off the head I keep the temps under 1600.

Use any scan tool for KR. Anything higher than a 1 degree reading is too high if it happens all the time. My car will occasionally pickup 1-2 degrees on 1 out of 10 pulls.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:43 PM
9 Second Club

Killer info... thanks Zom

What do you have to do if there is more var then 1 degree?
Old 08-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Teching In

Just let me know when you'll be heading out to the pavs.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

Be aware that false KR can occur; do a quick search on the term and you'll find a lot of guys pulling their hair out. More prevalent in '98 cars. It's easy to confirm, though.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

98's are a bitch. I've had some experience with them and have them figured out pretty good now. I just tuned one last night.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

FYI, just a liitle extra on EGT. It always maxes out at the stociometic point (14.7:1 AFR at sea level). EGT is cooler when richer (good) and leaner (very bad) than that. In piston aircraft with mixture controls, you lean out the cruise mixture to max EGT and then go 50°C rich. That's the safest and most efficient AFR mixture. The same sort of thing is true for any piston engine, but of course the numbers aren't the same. HTH

Quick Reply: Do you guys think an FMIC is worth it?