Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 04:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

i thought the PTK kit didnt come with a turbo,unless im thinking of someone else.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Firstly dont confuse me with your mom LSNONE shes the whiny bitch...lol secondly you can agree or not I dont care...it looks homemade and cheap to me and I understand if you need your money for other things (sex changes, buying gay **** online etc...).The the sts kit has a warranty and will have a carb sticker for smog in cali. I wont pass smog but at least if I get pulled over I can show the cop the smog legal sticker and save a ticket. Also sts is a reputable company that will be around for a long time as opposed to phamspeed or groundzero...your lucky if they reply to an e-mail...pleeeez...loll... So who in Los Angeles has a Phamspeed kit with a mouth?...I will gladly run anyone as soon as my car is tuned wot in the next week. Are there any actual videos of someone racing with a phamspeed kit?...I've seen cars running low 10's with the sts kit but no vids of the phamspeed kit.

Originally Posted by LSONE

you have got to be kidding me, first of all, the sts design is a flawed one, whether you want to admit it or not. Second, you're obviously a dumbass, because the phamspeed kit is a very high quality kit, especially for the price. if you factor in a larger turbo and a FMIC on the sts it would be very close. You sound like a whiny bitch, but thanks for your contribution to the thread .
Old 08-10-2005, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

last time i checked DamanSS doesnt live in Nebraska so why does he care about smog legal? You said you're not smog legal anyways so why do you care that the STS kit is?And we're talking about street cars not race cars...the only person who did the STS kit right is PurEvl....and you never posted ur numbers like i asked,or u still waiting on a tune?did you install ur own kit?
Old 08-10-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by socalstreetracer
you need your money for other things (sex changes, buying gay **** online etc...).
uhh, you're the one buying the cheapest kit on the market buddy

The the sts kit has a warranty and will have a carb sticker for smog in cali. I wont pass smog but at least if I get pulled over I can show the cop the smog legal sticker and save a ticket.
thats why i dont live in cali, because that place ******* sucks.

http://www.groundzerostore.com/auto_.../DSCF00181.JPG

i dont know how high your standards are (you drive a VW and bought the sts kit, so there obviously very low) but those welds look top notch to me. And if you're going to pay $5000 for a turbo kit, it might aswell be the PTK kit, because it's badass. I'm not so much for phamspeed as I am against sts, its just a sub-par kit. Also- have fun hydro-locking you're motor the first time it rains.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

The welds on the Pham kit that I saw where top notch. Great penetration AND very little extra heat looked to be added. The welds where very smooth and uniform with no obvious defects. I personally was very impressed.

Fitment was also great, and they always responded to PMs within 24 hrs.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like the way my kit fits. the turbo could be a inch or more higher but hey it bolted up without any problems.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:57 AM
10 Second Club

hows the kit going hellraiser get it ready for a tune and dyno yet?
Old 08-11-2005, 09:16 AM
On The Tree

Funny socal you have the cheapest turbo kits for both of your cars.The kinetic kit is a piece of **** and they make no power. And buy the way the horsepower you think your stage 2 will make will be no were near your sig. Also i personaly have a phamspeed kit and it is high quality ****. So shut your fairy *** up. Damn VW owners! oh wait i have one to...........Damn!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:20 AM
10 Second Club

what'd you put down in with your Phamspeed kit BlownZ or is it not installed yet?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the info guys, were your installs pretty easy, i hear that pham doesnt come with any kind of instructions? Or did you have to fabricate much to make it all work? Also, what kind of #'s are you putting down? I also have kind of a stupid newbie question, what are the hot parts? Is that just the rest of the kit other than the turbo and IC?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Our complete systems come with turbo.

http://forcedinductions.com/GMkits3.htm
Old 08-11-2005, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ddnspider
what'd you put down in with your Phamspeed kit BlownZ or is it not installed yet?
No numbers yet the kit is installed i just have to finish the oil lines and intercooler plumbing. As for the instructions i did not have any and mine was a twin kit and i had no issues.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:39 PM
10 Second Club

yeah im waiting on my turbo from Jose,should get it shortly!hey jose do you sell shorty headers for the Fbods?
Old 08-11-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

have you personally see a Phamspeed kit?i have 1 sitting in my garage,you have an STS kit, i have seen them as well.And the Phamspeed kit is VERY good quality compared to the STS....think about it...theres a huge debate about the STS kits by owners and former owners who either loved or hated there STS kit....now consider the Phamspeed kit....everyone whose installed 1 or has 1 waiting to be installed says they love then,the look and fitment is top notch.Personally id go with the company whose had the least complaints....dont make a blanket statement like that until you do all the research...and the kits arent just for camaros

Well my phamspeed isnt even close an has to be completely rewelded to get it off the crank pully. NOT EVEN CLOSE. I have tons of fab work that needs to be done. The headers are nice though
Old 08-11-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

hows the kit going hellraiser get it ready for a tune and dyno yet?
I have a tune in it now but no numbers and the tune makes it very rich. I haven't put the peddle to floor yet( waiting on final tune for that) but I have done alittle more then halfway in 2nd, hit 7psi and it smokes the tires at .
Old 08-11-2005, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PurEvl
Well my phamspeed isnt even close an has to be completely rewelded to get it off the crank pully. NOT EVEN CLOSE. I have tons of fab work that needs to be done. The headers are nice though

And you guys thought I was crazy with my "OK" fitting Phamspeed kit that required a ton of fab work on my end to make it fit right
Are you going to mount the turbo a lil higher, so drainback won't be a problem like it was for me and Hellraiser?

Don will get it figured out tho, all FI kits require a lil tweaking here and there...right?
J
Old 08-11-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by frcefed98
And you guys thought I was crazy with my "OK" fitting Phamspeed kit that required a ton of fab work on my end to make it fit right
Are you going to mount the turbo a lil higher, so drainback won't be a problem like it was for me and Hellraiser?

Don will get it figured out tho, all FI kits require a lil tweaking here and there...right?
J
Thats is the biggest thing is to get that turbo up a little higher. Maybe the new kits sit higher?
Old 08-11-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLWNZ
No numbers yet the kit is installed i just have to finish the oil lines and intercooler plumbing. As for the instructions i did not have any and mine was a twin kit and i had no issues.
I forgot they made a twin kit for a short while. Mind posting some pictures of it?
Old 08-11-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HellRaiser
Thats is the biggest thing is to get that turbo up a little higher. Maybe the new kits sit higher?
Maybe, but I'm still 100% well 97% happy with mine Gots to love when that GT42 starts to spin up
Old 08-11-2005, 04:23 PM
...with cheese.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by socalstreetracer
Firstly dont confuse me with your mom LSNONE shes the whiny bitch...lol secondly you can agree or not I dont care...it looks homemade and cheap to me and I understand if you need your money for other things (sex changes, buying gay **** online etc...).The the sts kit has a warranty and will have a carb sticker for smog in cali. I wont pass smog but at least if I get pulled over I can show the cop the smog legal sticker and save a ticket. Also sts is a reputable company that will be around for a long time as opposed to phamspeed or groundzero...your lucky if they reply to an e-mail...pleeeez...loll... So who in Los Angeles has a Phamspeed kit with a mouth?...I will gladly run anyone as soon as my car is tuned wot in the next week. Are there any actual videos of someone racing with a phamspeed kit?...I've seen cars running low 10's with the sts kit but no vids of the phamspeed kit.

wtf? what a *****

Quick Reply: Phamspeed