Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anybody know anything about HP Performance?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 12:26 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody know anything about HP Performance?

www.hpturbos.com ?

I just got my issue of Popular Hot Rodding last night when I got home and they did a two part / two month build on a turbo LS1 in a quest to make 4digit power on the engine dyno (which they succesfully did with an iron 402 and turbonetics 91 thumper) but in the article credits they listed a custom setup from HP Performance for an F-body as well as "kits" for Fbody and C5. Now, hoping over there, looks like the site is still new, but they do have a C5 product but no mention of an F-body kit. I've never heard anyone talk about it here and was curious if anyone else knew anything about them.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:11 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed one of the HP Performance C5 twin turbo kits on a customer's Corvette. My video of it is on (without my permission...) their website. We never did receive all the parts, and some of the parts we did get took eight months to get. We never got any instructions, photos were promised but we never got any. I have this Corvette featured on my website in the project car section.
I have received dozens of phone calls from other HP Turbo customer's, and it sounds like a class action lawsuit is looming, as one of their customer's turned out to be a lawyer! Bob
Old 08-19-2005, 10:31 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I installed one of the HP Performance C5 twin turbo kits on a customer's Corvette. My video of it is on (without my permission...) their website. We never did receive all the parts, and some of the parts we did get took eight months to get. We never got any instructions, photos were promised but we never got any. I have this Corvette featured on my website in the project car section.
I have received dozens of phone calls from other HP Turbo customer's, and it sounds like a class action lawsuit is looming, as one of their customer's turned out to be a lawyer! Bob

Wow, thanks for the info Bob. I was just curious since I saw the article, had never heard anyone talk about them here, and another alternative for products (and possibly getting them as a sponsor?? mods I don't know what that process is, nor do I want to get into that but just throwing out alt.) Anyway, after hearing that, forget about it. None of us want to
Old 08-19-2005, 10:39 AM
SSU Moderator

TSP was working with them on an F-Body kit...but that was like a year ago. The article is false and full of HPP propoganda. Also, what car would that kit even fit in? And why not turn up the boost? Probably because their fuel system was weak and they couldn't get FAST to work correctly. I was excited about the article, but that soon stopped after reading both parts.

Steven Rupp...if you are reading this...PHR needs some GOOD LSx content. Go to W2W.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:24 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

I agree Ryan. The first part of the artice had me doing some of this . I thought it had some decent content, but there were obviously areas where I think PHR could have done a better job and some more research. Hell, if they read here, they should have at least asked some prelim questions about what us LSX gurus (disclaimer, I am not a guru but a n00bru ) would do, think about and who are the best experts to deal with as far as this stuff. Obviously, whoever threw the article together did SOME homework, but not nearly enough.

Quick Reply: Anybody know anything about HP Performance?