11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortech or Procharger?????

which is better and why??

Thanks
Old 09-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Launching!

I understand that the procharger is easier to install.

Your going to get various and obvious answers from both users. I would like to hear from owners that have tried both chargers to see what they have to say.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

From what I've read, Procharger has a better design.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

better design, maybe some better design elements, but when it comes to design, and execution, Vortech's kit is FAR above Prochargers.

With a procharger kit, you have lots of washers, standoffs, and flat aluminum plate for the brackets.

Vortech is a custom cast piece, that could pass for an oem bracket.

It really depends on how you use the vehicle, and your budget. Both make good power, and if you plan on 550+ rwhp, I would get a pro-charger, but I would not buy a procharger kit, as you will end up replacing 50% of it with other parts down the road.

Ryan
Old 09-13-2005, 05:59 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...ATI+ProCharger

Check out the articles at the link above. I remember the days when Vortech said that intercoolers were not needed!

With the ATI ProChargers you do not share the engines oil, so there is no chance of oil cantamination from one to the other. With the Vortech you have to poke a hole into the oil pan to run the oil return line.

The ATI ProCharger air to air intercoolers are very efficient, allowing more boost to be run with less chances of detonation. New for '05, ATI has an optional one inch thicker twin intercooler option for the F Body, which is now standard on the D-1SC kits. Check out the test done on these new intercoolers in this months GM Hi Tech magazine.

In the F Body the ATI ProCharger sits much lower in the chassis, lowering the center of gravity for better handling compared to the Vortech. The ATI ProCharger is out of the way, allowing easy maintenance to the engine. The ATI ProCharger is also mounted away from the heat of the engine much better than the Vortech. Bob
Old 09-13-2005, 06:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
From what I've read, Procharger has a better design.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Teching In

I have the P-1SC-1 kit and I think SLOW is right on. Don't buy a kit from ATI. You will replace most of it and getting tech support from ATI (or Diablosport) is like pissing in the wind. I wanted to know flow specs on the injectors in the kit and the guy couldn't tell me for sure who even made them (B.T.W. the tune from Diablosport's a joke too-which is why I even need the info in the first place).

I can't comment about Vortech kits, but they'd almost have to be better.

If you really want an ATI, get it done by BOB or someone else with experience and a dyno facility (let them tune it). I'm not sure why, but I guess we have to keep reinventing the wheel every time we install a blower.

MY WHEEL IS GOING TO HAVE AIR IN IT!!
Old 09-14-2005, 06:29 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both have thier pros and cons. I personally like the fact that the problems I have been dealing with are very minimal compared to some of the belt issues that some of the ATI guys have had. I think the Vortech kit is a very well designed kit though to small of a blower to make any real power LOL! No really the ATI's do have a few choises of head units to suit different power needs. There are other Co. that sell T-trim conversions for the Vortech and YSI can be used with a little custom fabing. IF you are wanting to make 600rwhp or less the Vortech is a great option so don't count it out. I haven't had any procharger guys beat me just a few Nitrous cars and another Vortech car that we have been going back and forth beating each other on different days etc... Can't say anything reall bad about either kit though.