Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Torco Accelerator - Who's Used It?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 07:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I have sold the Torco Accelerator for several years. We use it on the dyno with some of our applications, and I also have never had a customer tell me it didn't work. Our '95 Formula ATI ProCharger equipped picked up from 115.5 to 118 mph with it with no other changes, consistantly on several tracks. We were quite surprised as we could never detect any spark knock... Bob

Lucky me I guess. You know, when I first called Torco they referred me to the chemist who developed the product. I spoke with him and he told me.......... the unleaded version is worth 2-3 points max! Because there's no lead in it, which is the main source for the leaded versions octane boost, they could only get about a 2-3 point gain with the unleaded stuff. He said he'd told the guys at Torco to change the website claim for the unleaded version to be as effective as the leaded version.

What he said goes right along with my findings. I'm not saying it doesn't work; I'm saying it doesn't work as claimed to the tune of 11 full octane points. There is no way it could or I would have been able to run race timing on my truck. Not only couldn't run race timing, I couldn't even approach my street/alky timing numbers without detonation.

Jody
Old 10-08-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have read that independent labs tested it to be an R+M/2 octane rating of 96.5. That is for the unleaded.

I run 5 gallons of 103 mixed with 10 gallons of 94 right now, and just want to ditch the race gas mix. I was hoping I could just add 1 can to a full tank of 94 and be done with.

Exotic, do you rec. leaded or unleaded???
Old 10-08-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Resident

LOL, can't believe this got resurrected. I had good results with it though . . . was able to up the boost and got no detonation. I haven't used it in a long time, new setup now.

- Dug
Old 10-08-2005, 03:24 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater
I have read that independent labs tested it to be an R+M/2 octane rating of 96.5. That is for the unleaded.

I run 5 gallons of 103 mixed with 10 gallons of 94 right now, and just want to ditch the race gas mix. I was hoping I could just add 1 can to a full tank of 94 and be done with.

Exotic, do you rec. leaded or unleaded???

We use unleaded, no need to kill the 02's off too soon. Bob
Old 10-08-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I use octane supreme 130 in my car as an additive. It's just tetra ethyl lead, so if you want to use it make sure you have no cats and DENSO o2 sensors.

Quick Reply: Torco Accelerator - Who's Used It?