Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Using a AIR pump to help relieve crankcase pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using a AIR pump to help relieve crankcase pressure?

So I installed my catch can setup, and blocked off my breather and now oil won't return properly from the turbo under boost.

Right now I don't have it setup so I can eaisly route the other side of the catch can to the turbo inlet for vac, so I had considered using a old AIR pump, it seems to put out pretty good volume when I hooked it up to the car battery.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Regular

so are you having problems with pressure in your crank ?? if so you may want to have a compression check done. I had problems with pressure in my crank blowing the dipstick out and spitting oil everywhere from the very first run with my STS installed. come to find my ringlands were wasted. new motor now.... just a thought anyhow I fixed (only for a short while) the problem by putting two check valves in the crank breather hoses one in the one that goes to the throttle body and one that has the PCV valve in it and for a couple days it worked till it got so bad it blew my valve cover gasket out.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have the crank case vented, it needs to be vented.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Switch to an LS6 valley cover and put that to your can with a line on the other side running to the turbo inlet (im sure you can find a way) then put a breather on each valve cover. I use this method, copied off of MM and it works great.

Quick Reply: Using a AIR pump to help relieve crankcase pressure?