Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

what kit?ptk,speed inc,or turbo tech.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 01:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The PTK LT1 kit has made over 900-rwhp with a 76GTS. Guys their is no science to turbo kits...just proper selection of parts. Their is no special headers, special downpipes, special turbos....lol. I know some companies market it that way.......gives me a good laugh though..hehe.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thermodynamics? :

# (used with a sing. verb) Physics that deals with the relationships and conversions between heat and other forms of energy.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'm not comparing this to rear mount systems. So its a mute point. Obviously their are certain design flaws...like log manifolds as well. But as for headers.....nahh.

Jose
Old 10-03-2005, 01:21 PM
NKAWTG...N

Jose is right, as long as you have exhaust gases getting to a turbo, and then the turbo getting to the engine...your gonna make power. How much is up to the amount of boost, choice of turbo, flow restrictions, etc.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Exactly.

Key points you need to look at which will effect your final output is:

cubic inches vs turbo size
intercooler efficiency
Front mount vs rear mount
Header vs log

The rest is pretty much along for the ride.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JZ 97 SS 1500
Exactly.

Key points you need to look at which will effect your final output is:

cubic inches vs turbo size
intercooler efficiency
Front mount vs rear mount
Header vs log

The rest is pretty much along for the ride.

Somebody has a funny sig quote like, "It's a turbo, exhaust flows run the turbo, witchcraft happens, and you go fast."

Old 10-03-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2nasty
what kit did you order? wht size turbo? mild steel?
PTK Air to Air Kit with MP T-70, Tial BOV, 60# Fuel Injectors, Walbro 340 Fuel Pump, and a Manual Boost Controller.

...from Forcedinductions.com.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

maybe a lil noobie but where can i check out the tti website or see there kits. .
Old 10-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Launching!

PTK Air to Air Kit with MP T-70, Tial BOV, 60# Fuel Injectors, Walbro 340 Fuel Pump, and a Manual Boost Controller.

you heard from dalton about when your kit is getting shipped?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by flash12t
maybe a lil noobie but where can i check out the tti website or see there kits. .
www.turbotechnologyinc.com
Old 10-03-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

could i use a corvette twin turbo system on a trans am i dont see any kits on there for f-bodys or for that fact anywhere. . with the turbos mounted on the bottem . .
Old 10-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bboyferal

you heard from Dalton?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Anyone talked to PTK recently?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

same turbo thats on my car. Get the .96 housing.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

[IMG][/IMG]

i like my ptk, 900 rwhp?
Old 10-12-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by coop5885
same turbo thats on my car. Get the .96 housing.

Yes, that's actually the ONE thing that I'm missing from PTK. Oh, that's right... There's an update in order...

I have been in touch with Dalton for the past week or two. I had always known the PTK kit would take 3 months or so. It had been a long time that I ordered it from Forced Inductions. So, during the start of October, I started calling for updates. Dalton updated me everytime I called, and when I called today, I was given a tracking number for three packages containing: PTK LS1 Complete Kit w/ A2A FMIC but no turbo, which I'm getting from Jose. The only thing I am missing from them (PTK) is the .96 housing. That's why it's funny you mentioned it. I was assured this would be coming in soon, so I'm not really worried about PTK anymore. They'll be letting me know.

What I'm still waiting for are the things from Forced Inductions: The MPT70, Manual Boost Controller, Tial 50mm BOV, Fuel Pump, and Injectors. I getting in touch with Jose soon to find out when I get these last items.

I already have the gauges, 12-bolt w/3.73's, tires, brakes, etc. waiting.

I should be starting the install journey very soon. It's been a little bit of a wait, but the wheels are turning. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, so I'll update again soon. Needless to say, I'm getting very excited again!
Old 10-12-2005, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

Yes, that's actually the ONE thing that I'm missing from PTK. Oh, that's right... There's an update in order...

I have been in touch with Dalton for the past week or two. I had always known the PTK kit would take 3 months or so. It had been a long time that I ordered it from Forced Inductions. So, during the start of October, I started calling for updates. Dalton updated me everytime I called, and when I called today, I was given a tracking number for three packages containing: PTK LS1 Complete Kit w/ A2A FMIC but no turbo, which I'm getting from Jose. The only thing I am missing from them (PTK) is the .96 housing. That's why it's funny you mentioned it. I was assured this would be coming in soon, so I'm not really worried about PTK anymore. They'll be letting me know.

What I'm still waiting for are the things from Forced Inductions: The MPT70, Manual Boost Controller, Tial 50mm BOV, Fuel Pump, and Injectors. I getting in touch with Jose soon to find out when I get these last items.

I should be starting the install journey very soon. It's been a little bit of a wait, but the wheels are turning. I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, so I'll update again soon. Needless to say, I'm getting very excited again!
you will love the kit
I have been driving mine for about 3 weeks now and am going to get it dynoed tonght
it is a beast
Old 10-12-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks, I'm sure you'll be right.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

[. Needless to say, I'm getting very excited again! [/QUOTE]

i bet you fukin are
Old 10-13-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Jose said they got a shitload of housings and stuff in today. I have been waiting almost 6 weeks for a .96 A/r Q trim housing as well. The manufactruers just seem to be slow, which translates to Jose waiting which means we wait. They are in house today according to Jose.

Quick Reply: what kit?ptk,speed inc,or turbo tech.