Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Phamspeed Install kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phamspeed Install kit

Im looking to see all pics of those who have installed the kit...I want them as reference points I wasted the install money on a new rear end and have to install it myself, and hopefully everyone can help me out and this can help other members with their ideas. so let them come.... no matter how pointless

I searched but some of the pics dont come up because they are to old.

thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is nho tougher then header install. the only thing that made me pause was tappin the oil pan. If ya dont take it off, as i did, jsut use alot of bearing grease adn go REAL slow with teh drill to get as much of the shavings as ya can. Then take a screwdriver with grease on it and stick it aroudn in tehre and try to get all that ya can. I put my return hole on teh face ofthe oil pan towards the crank pulley ont eh passanger side. It works great adn i havent had any issues with it. Others have had an issue with too much oil being fed to teh turbo. If you have that issue you need to get a nitrous jet to slow it down. Also make sure that you get the drill and tap for botht eh return and the feed line for the oil. I didnt think ahead adn was searchin for a while trying to find the MPT threader adn that aint easy here.
Otherwise it REAL easy. I took mine off a couple weeks ago to do the heads and it took about a half hour to take the whole kit off.
Also i dunno alot about cams but make sure that the one that you have in ya sig, if that is goin in the car also, doesnt have any overlap. And if you havent ordered it yet you shoudl try to get a cam that has more exhaust lift adn duration over intake lift adn duration. Its easy to get it in its a bitch to get it all out.
If there is anyhtign that i can help ya with, drop me a PM.
GL

John

Last edited by 99SS-T; 10-04-2005 at 02:06 AM. Reason: opps