Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

vacuum/boost gauge install

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 03:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacuum/boost gauge install

Where is the best location to tap-in for a mech vacuum/boost gauge? Is there somewhere in the dash (AC mechanism?) that may have a usable vacuum hose?

Thanks.
Old 07-04-2002, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: vacuum/boost gauge install

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by IslandTahoe:
<strong>Where is the best location to tap-in for a mech vacuum/boost gauge? Is there somewhere in the dash (AC mechanism?) that may have a usable vacuum hose?

Thanks.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I replaced the pre-formed plastic hose from the drivers side of the TB to the fuel pressure regulator type unit, which is mounted to the fuel rail inlet. I used 5/16 fuel rubber fuel line with 3/8-3/8-1/8 Tee. Then I stuck the gauge line to the tee with a 1/8 x 1" section of hose. I just wrapped the end of the gauge tube with some tape so it fit inside the 1/8 hose snugly. Then I secured all the connections with black tye-wrap. It's very stealthy.

My boost gauge is in the pillar pod, and the gauge tube is run right out the door and between the fender and cowl. I did that because I hate drilling holes in my car!

SC

<small>[ July 04, 2002, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: SS00Blue ]</small>
Old 07-04-2002, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: vacuum/boost gauge install

What SS00BLUE, is calling a fuel regulator is the evap solenoid, this is a good location if you want to see boost and vacuum.

Gary

Quick Reply: vacuum/boost gauge install