Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

e-boost experts - questions on settings and boost dropping off

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default e-boost experts - questions on settings and boost dropping off

Having a bit of trouble with the e-boost and boost falling off.

I have a 5lb spring in the wastegate, if I set the e-boost for 6psi, gain at 5psi and sensitivy at 10 it will rise up to 6psi then just fall right off to 4 and then start to climb back up. As it drops you can see it going up and down. As is something like 6, 5, 5.2, 4.8, 5.0, 4.2, 4.6, 4.8, 5.0.........

Do I need to get less aggressive with gain? Crank up the sensitivity since I am a rear mount and things may behave differently? Mechanical things to look at?

It's an annoying problem I want to get fixed. I knew the car felt like it was pulling great then just seemed to stop. Well now that I log boost I know it's because the boost is falling off.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:22 PM
9 Second Club

check the settings in the manual...i think stock gain is like 8.9 and sensitivity is like 20ish
Old 10-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EBoost or EBoost 2? I don't know anything about 1, but my 2 has an overboost setting that must be raised about 2.5 psi over your max boost or it will do what yours is doing. For 13psi I used a boost setting of 47, a sensitivity setting of 20, left the wastegate beginning opening setting at 2.9psi and set the overboost protection to 18.5 psi.

You have to play with the boost setting number as it is not psi...just a number to get you there.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

cable - stock gain is 0, stock sensitivy is 10. if I get the gain to close to the actual boost level it definetly overshoots pretty good. sensitivity I have not played with much. did go from the stock 10 setting to 20 with no change in results.

onfire - I do have my overboost set to 8 figuring if it doesn't hit 8 it wont cut boost. I will try moving that to 9 and see what happens. if that works thats a pretty weak protection device since I would have to set it 3psi higher than I want my max to be. my boost setting # is certainly psi, perhaps it's different with the 2.

Last edited by Blackbird; 10-10-2005 at 01:37 PM.