Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PCV revisited (searched and now confused)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 09:41 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you use this one? Hmm nice. I think I want that now LOL 3" diameter with one -12 AN male fitting for oil tank breather and one -8 AN male fitting to breath rear end. Complete with quick drain valve and mounting clamp. Internally baffled. And only $89.95 seems like a great deal to me compared to AMW at $160.00

Old 10-16-2005, 09:49 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Had one on Harlan's car last year. Have one on Kevin's Formula right now. You can also look at using the Moroso version. Keep in mind, most of these have fittings that support the standard size vacuum pump fittings.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,307 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by DERTY
You would probably want to get a 3/8" one from Jegs. Then use a 3/8 to -8 or -10 fitting. We use the Peterson version of that. It's nicer because it's all aluminum and we just weld the -10 fittings right to the can. Then you simply put a line up to each valve cover. Technically you only need one, but we usually run one off each side. You can see them in this picture here. They are the lines that go in to the valve cover. We have a welded baffle on the inside of the valve cover to keep a lot of solid oil from getting tossed into the lines. Then, that line goes to wherever you can best fit a catch can. We hide ours.

If you really want the best setup, get a Moroso vacuum pump and then run that to the catch can. That will greatly reduce crank case pressure for you. You do not want to let the motor be your vacuum pump for you. Either get a real vacuum pump or let it vent to atmosphere. If you do run a vacuum pump, make sure you get a vacuum regulator for the motor and install it where you can best fit it. It will help prevent you from drawing too much of a vacuum.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
so i take it its not a direct replacement,like run a hose from each valve cover to each inlet and call it a day?
Old 10-16-2005, 09:53 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can probably be creative with the shitty rubber hoses too. We're guilty of being a little blingy where we can. But we also want to make sure that we have some solid connections because you do make a bit of crank case pressure on a setup like this.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figure with a couple of theses and some nice black hose it would look that bad. And that easy to do.

Old 10-16-2005, 03:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,307 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by DERTY
You can probably be creative with the shitty rubber hoses too. We're guilty of being a little blingy where we can. But we also want to make sure that we have some solid connections because you do make a bit of crank case pressure on a setup like this.
yeah u guys are guilty of that lol,but on a streetcar like mine making less than 700rwhp would just the 2 hoses work?what size is the factory hoses?

Quick Reply: PCV revisited (searched and now confused)