Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

powerdyne supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002 | 10:19 AM
GM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default powerdyne supercharger

Is anyone running a powerdyne supercharger ? If so how is it?
Old 10-24-2002 | 10:52 AM
Teching In

Default Re: powerdyne supercharger

It's a good low boost street blower. Get it second hand and it's by far the cheapest FI setup you can get.
Old 10-24-2002 | 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: powerdyne supercharger

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by GM:
<strong>Is anyone running a powerdyne supercharger ? If so how is it?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I put mine on about two months ago and I am pretty happy with it. I got it used for $2500. It is a real easy install - the fans are harder to install than the blower. The only drawback is that it requires removal of your stock fans with less efficient aftermarket. This is the big complaint most people have (it overheats in hot climates or no AC). I put down 391 at the wheels with an A/F below 10, so the power is pretty decent, too. I figured it was comperable to heads and cam, and much more of a bolt on that I could do myself.

I ditched the programming, fuel pump, and fmu that came with it btw, and upgraded my fuel system to handle it and got LS1-Edit. Here is the dyno graph. I know there is a few more hp in it with better tuning.
dyno

-Geoff

Quick Reply: powerdyne supercharger