Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ran my 98 Formula at World Street Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005 | 04:25 PM
TECH Veteran

I saw you. Good to see the car out there competeing. Even though you werent going to win... your running more than respectable times...congrats.

I went up to the car later on Sat and no one was around except for a bunch of people taking pics of your setup

Good to see you out representing!
Old 10-16-2005 | 04:53 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Thanks, its still fun to dragrace even if you dont always win. Its just disapointing to have some issues after being so excited to run the car.
Old 10-16-2005 | 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Car looked good Dave. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you longer, but y'all were really busy working on the car and I didn't wanna bother you. Man, what an event! The bubble for the DOT class ended up being an 8.65 if I remember correctly. There was some serious machinery there this weekend! Can't wait to see it sorted out!
Old 10-16-2005 | 10:51 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Mike it was good to see you again, I looked for ya later on but man there was alot of people there, deffinately a lot of killer cars this weekend. I`ll have it staightened out before the NoLip race so I`ll see you then and we can all go have dinner after.
Old 10-16-2005 | 10:57 PM
Teching In

Way to go Caveman, wish I had been there to see you. What did you have to do to run in the event? IHRA license, points, etc??

I was at the exotic car show in Winter park, then later I was running around Orlando in the baddest LS1 Engined car out there, A Saleen S7. A buddy of mine owns it, nothing at the show got as much attention. It is bad to the bone, stayed with him through the top of 3rd with the Viper, think 4th would have been a different story but we ran out of road.
Old 10-16-2005 | 11:15 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

You missed some good dragracing, just crazy fast cars there. To run the event you had to have all the NHRA legal stuff cage, 5point harness, cutoff switch,fire ext, ect. I hear the Viper is really quick now and you got the Fbody making lots of HP, I`m glad someones cars are working good,I guess my red car just needs some tweaking.
Old 10-16-2005 | 11:22 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

I dont think I would like your friends Saleen LS1 car as much as the silver GTO from Hardcore, that thing is incredible and sounds it too.
Old 10-17-2005 | 06:23 AM
FormerVendor

Hey Dave,

What a way to start the life of that car, throw her to the wolves out there At least the track will hold for sure and considering the limited time for break-in and tuning before hand, not too bad. Sorry I could not attend the race as my daughter was here and then Sunday was not what I expected health wise. I am getting some info from this thread, but give me a call or come by and we will see what we need to plan out to get the most out of here. I have a few things working already. Talk to you later.

Mike Norris
Old 10-17-2005 | 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice runs Dave. Sorry I wasn't there to see it in person. Sure was impressive sitting there at NLP.
Old 10-17-2005 | 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your car looked great out there Dave. It is a new setup that you need to learn all over again. Once you get the few small bugs worked out the car will be running what you expect it to.
The car looks AWESOME coming out of the hole and is a sweet looking car when it is just sitting still. Keep your head up it things will get better.

Quick Reply: Ran my 98 Formula at World Street Nationals