Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magnacharger on a camaro/firebird?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnacharger on a camaro/firebird?

I did a search and only found one thread of a guy witha custom setup

Any idea how hard this would be to pull off? i don't see that they make a kit for the camaro/firebird but I'm highly interested in a twin screw setup.

- Morgan
Old 10-20-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, it can be done, but it requires major surgery of the wiper cowl area. I beleive the twin-screw would require even more clearance.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does anybody have any idea what the actual measuremetns are of the KB twin screw? I know they are building one for the C5, so the LS1 manifold is out there. I'm just curious exactly how much needs to be cut to clear the supercharger. In my opinion, the Maggie is just not worth the hassle of installation. I beleive that the Twin Screw would allow a much greater end result.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sandmann120
Does anybody have any idea what the actual measuremetns are of the KB twin screw? I know they are building one for the C5, so the LS1 manifold is out there. I'm just curious exactly how much needs to be cut to clear the supercharger. In my opinion, the Maggie is just not worth the hassle of installation. I beleive that the Twin Screw would allow a much greater end result.

my thoughts as well, I just don't want to look into it further and waste my time if it's gonna cost me billions to get it done, and be worried about support later.

Although if it's not a terrible amount of cutting, I might consider purchasing a twin screw and doing it.

Quick Reply: Magnacharger on a camaro/firebird?