Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

attn. Ed Potter or LPE staff

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attn. Ed Potter or LPE staff

I am looking to find out the reliability and drivablity of your your 550,650, and 427 TT kits as compared to the stock drivability and reliability. I do understand that this is like comparing apples and oranges, but I am just looking to get a general idea because I am looking for something with between 500 and 575 rwhp that I can drive almost everyday though not as a daily driver. I want an engine package that can be driven in traffic jams and not have to worry about overheating or any other problems. I also would want a package that will allow me to drive on long road trips (800-1000 miles). I live in SE michigan and would love to be able to drive to Florida for car shows (turkey run). Is any of this possible? THanks for your time and response.

can you please rate the drivability/reliability of your kits and the stock vette on a scale of 1-10. could you also tell how much weight each kit adds to the car? thanks again

<small>[ December 15, 2002, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: brian k ]</small>
Old 12-16-2002, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Default Re: attn. Ed Potter or LPE staff

ttt
Old 12-17-2002, 07:40 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Brian -
One of the things we work the hardest toward reaching here, is to build a car package that has as good, or better driveability than stock. I don't mean for this to sound like a silly sales pitch, but it's true! our main goal here is to build a car that acts exactly like a stocker, untill you put your foot in it! Every Lingenfelter car we build goes through a thorough
test & tune session that entails 30-50 miles of all types of driving, street traffic, stop and go lights, and of course wide open throttle(when nobody is looking!) All of the drive work is done by JL himself, and Graham Behan, our head engineer, and former Lotus engineer, he also messed around with some ZR1's! Those two are very picky, and they try to find things for the shop to fix. When we ship your car, you can be assured that it has been driven, and tested exactly the way you are going to drive it, and you will see no surprises like a rough idle,stalling, or SES lights.

On a scale of 1-10, I guess I would give the stock C5 about a 9.9 I would give the LPE car a solid 10, but then again, I am a little biased. If you want a fair opinion, go in the corvette forum, and post a thread asking the opinion of LPE vehicle owners, even if somebody is mad at us, they will still tell you that they are happy with the car.

One thing that might help is this, you can put your wife, and grandmother in an LPE car, and feel safe sending them to the store, and you will feel pretty smug knowing they can dust off pretty much whatever comes their way!

Let me know if you have any other questions, or feel free to give me a call.
Ed
Old 12-18-2002, 12:24 AM
Teching In

thanks for the inspiring response Ed! I trust what you said about the cars because I trust the Lingenfelter name. The only info i didn't get is how much weight will be added to the car as a result of the turbo kits.

thanks again for the response
Old 12-18-2002, 07:48 PM
Coal Mining Director

Brian, I'll give you a weight guess to think about until Ed reports the facts. Total LPE twin turbo/piping/scavenge pump/bracket parts weight = 110lbs. Subtract the stock manifolds taken off = 30lbs......net weight gain for a c5 = 80lbs.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:26 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian -
Onfire is pretty much right on the nose. No two cars weigh exactly the same, but approx 80 lbs. is pretty accurate.
Thanks onfire

Ed

Quick Reply: attn. Ed Potter or LPE staff