Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What would make me run lean

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 09:25 PM
I Love Anadrols!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would make me run lean

I have a 92 Typhoon, i just did a recent tune up (me and Big Mike) plugs, wires, cap, rotor, oil and I installed a new AIC. Today after the IAC installed we put in a ATR pitbull chip which is supposed to be a bolt in chip for stock trucks. We made a data master run and my O2 volts were lowest at 777 and highest at 804 with 10degrees of knock! Also I couldnt get into open loop and my TPS was at 74%. I also never set the IAC, would this cause these problems? I got home and figiured how to adjust the IAC and did it, now i smell a bit of a richness from teh Exaust. Could the IAC caused it to run lean, is it the chip doing it? And why would I stay in closed loop, could that be the TPS. I am making another run tomorrow with the IAC adjusted and the chip and then with the stock chip. Any ideas?

<small>[ December 21, 2002, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Big Nick ]</small>
Old 12-22-2002, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: What would make me run lean

Please explain how u couldn't get it into open loop i don't understand that. Usually when u first start a car ( In the morning for example) it is in open loop. When the engine is warm it then turns into open loop.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry, typo; when the engine is warm it then goes into closed loop
Old 12-23-2002, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

The IAC shouldn't/wouldn't cause a lean condition. It only adds metered air at idle.

Dan
Old 12-25-2002, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

It also adds air at WOT but it is metered so it should be OK. So you say it wont go into open loop? Are you sure you dont mean closed loop? When you start the car it should be in open loop until it sees time, temp and O2 switching.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:21 PM
I Love Anadrols!

THanks guys but I think we got(lets hope) My fuel pump is crapping out on me and cant handle a WOT blast therefore not giving the propper amount of fuel for the boost. I also found out the Pitbull ATR chips were a little screwy so I ditched mine and put the stock back in for now till I have a custom one burnt. After we do the fuel pump and intercooler pump this week I will see where the numbers are and post back.

Quick Reply: What would make me run lean