Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Alky injection?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 05:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Alky injection?

SJH, how much more boost are you able to run using a water/alk injection?

the reason i has interested in the propane is because people who have used it say they can get more boost out of the propane kit. It still isnt known of the potiential yet, just need more people to experimate.

Anyone ever use both? I know on the GN boards there was talk.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, the alky acts as a high octane fuel as well.

I believe last I heard SJH was running 11psi
Old 01-10-2003, 11:05 AM
SJH
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Propane is just a high octane fuel.
Water can be used at any fuels octane limit to add even more boost once the detonation threshhold of the fuel has been hit.
Look at professional tractor pullers.
They pump ENOURMOUS amounts of water into the motors with boost pressures that would just make your jaw drop.

I currently run 11psi.
I will up that hopefully to 13psi.
Without my system about 6psi is the limit on pump gas as with no intercooler IAT'S would be over 200 degrees and detonation would be a problem.
Old 01-10-2003, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Incidentally... With respect to propane. High pressure cylinders are a SERIOUS safety hazzard.

It is also coming to pass in more states that a propane tank cannot be transported in a "closed vehicle". It must ONLY be transported in truck beds without caps, or stake trucks. This is true in Michigan right now. Most Home Depot stores will not sell propane without showing them the vehicle in which it will be transported. It is expected to be enacted as law reasonably soon.

Yes, this will extend to NOS as well. That is how the anti-Hot Rod bananas are getting their agenda done.

Although the logic is that a leak is what is potentially most dangerous, it's nothing short of a bomb to start with.

SC-
Old 09-15-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

i'm running a home built meth/water injection kit on my turbo mustang. The meth has allowed me to, so far, double my boost level on 93 fuel. I do not have an intercooler and the factory iron heads are shaved .040". without the meth i believe 7-8psi would be the max safe boost level on 93 fuel i could run. With the meth i have run as much as 18psi on 21* total timing... I run -20* washer fluid from Advance auto ($.98 gallon).

I can't believe there are still people with forced inducted street cars NOT running this stuff! Way cheaper than race fuel

Quick Reply: Alky injection?